LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

Gameday weather in SF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't live in California so in order to watch my beloved 49ers I subscribe to DirecTV Sunday Ticket. Have for years and I don't miss a snap.

What I continually notice is how beautiful the weather always is. Never a cloud in the sky. EVERY GAME!

How can this be? San Francisco must have the best weather on earth August through December.
When I went it was s**tty weather, it was cold and windy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The forecast is lots of PAIN !!!!!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
SF is the pretty much the same year around. Fall/late summer is actually the best time of year... fewest amount of fog, warmest afternoons. It can get pretty rainy December through March by CA standards though.
  • mod
  • Veteran
During September games I wear shorts and bring a sweater. It can be 80 degrees and sunny or 62 and overcast/windy
I went to the 49ers v Bucs game and it was the best weather for a home game I can ever remember. 77 degrees and a nice breeze. Weather was the same down at the wharf all weekend for fleet week.
Every Niner game i've been to, it was hot as f**k and the sun was all in my grill.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Every Niner game i've been to, it was hot as f**k and the sun was all in my grill.

I got toasted at the seahawks game... face was burnt to a crisp. Felt hot and I think it was only 81 or 82 degrees
Great weather on game days, it's about 95% chance the weather is going to be nice on game day all year (football season)

Since 98 i can only remember 5 games that it rained.
September and Octobers are regularly warmer than July and August months that are usually still very cold and foggy.

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I got toasted at the seahawks game... face was burnt to a crisp. Felt hot and I think it was only 81 or 82 degrees

I was at the seattle game too, but in the shade. In past games I have felt the wrath of the sun
thanks for the jinx. 60% chance of rain on Sunday http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Candlestick+Park+CA+59114:20
Originally posted by global_nomad:
thanks for the jinx. 60% chance of rain on Sunday http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Candlestick+Park+CA+59114:20

Wells cant run through a mild breeze
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
I don't live in California so in order to watch my beloved 49ers I subscribe to DirecTV Sunday Ticket. Have for years and I don't miss a snap.

What I continually notice is how beautiful the weather always is. Never a cloud in the sky. EVERY GAME!

How can this be? San Francisco must have the best weather on earth August through December.

the Friday before the Giants game was rainy in SF ! Sunday it was pretty nice---
Supposed to rain this Sunday
Share 49ersWebzone