There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Jim Harbaugh the best coach in the NFL?

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Harbaugh and Belichick are the best.

I agree with this but, depending on what happens this year, might add McCarthy to this list. Not sure if he is as good at judging talent as the best two, which is vital for winning obviously.

Don't care for Payton very much but he did win a super bowl. If you ignore the super bowl then Jim Harbaugh is among the best. Would John Harbaugh be in this mix? Not much on offense but in the playoffs every year. Tomlin? Keeps the Steelers winning.

But from the lists above only Shanahan impresses me as a great coach but I think power has gone to his head in DC (giving his son power as well).
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I agree with this but, depending on what happens this year, might add McCarthy to this list. Not sure if he is as good at judging talent as the best two, which is vital for winning obviously.

Don't care for Payton very much but he did win a super bowl. If you ignore the super bowl then Jim Harbaugh is among the best. Would John Harbaugh be in this mix? Not much on offense but in the playoffs every year. Tomlin? Keeps the Steelers winning.

But from the lists above only Shanahan impresses me as a great coach but I think power has gone to his head in DC (giving his son power as well).

Mcarthy screwed us out of AAron Rogers and then got lucky. That fat piece of s**t bailed on us after 1 yr and set us back. Same thing with Turner. I'm glad Turner is getting fired in 2 months.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Mcarthy screwed us out of AAron Rogers and then got lucky. That fat piece of s**t bailed on us after 1 yr and set us back. Same thing with Turner. I'm glad Turner is getting fired in 2 months.

Not bitter are you bro?
Originally posted by Archie:
No, he is not the best coach in the league. There are guys named Belichek,Tomlin, Coughlin, and Sean Peyton that have to be in the mix before you get to Harbaugh. Harbaugh has won 8 games as a head coach. Those guys I mentioned have won championships!!!

Coughlin, seriously? This guy loses his cool on the sidelines, and it constantly acting like a little child. The one person that should never lose his cool is the head coach, and he should be the stabalizing force. Coughlin is a joke as coach! Although him and Eli have a lot of fun pointing fingers and placing blame together, I am sure.
Kevin Lynch has a theory that Harbaugh knew the Arizona game was more important than the Ravens so prepared for Sunday rather than trying to prepare for both games at the same time. Whether this is true or not, the game plans for the Ravens game seemed a bit lackluster. This could account for the terrible regression of the OLine.
He's not even the best coach in his house
Originally posted by five1oh:

His wife is a coach?

Losing to another coaches team does not make that coach better than you. Or is Spagnulo better than Payton?
Kevin Lynch has a theory that Harbaugh knew the Arizona game was more important than the Ravens so prepared for Sunday rather than trying to prepare for both games at the same time. Whether this is true or not, the game plans for the Ravens game seemed a bit lackluster. This could account for the terrible regression of the OLine.

I thought this as well....I'm sure he knew they have their Backup QB and were more of a winnable game...on top of the the fact they are in our division. Get the guarrented game first and formost, then try to win the next game.

most likely the reason why Gore played alot against the Cards, even though he might have been still injured.

so you win one of two games for sure...or try to win both at the same time, and there is a chance you'll lose both.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Losing to another coaches team does not make that coach better than you. Or is Spagnulo better than Payton?

I agree, plus it's harder to say the specific impacts the head coaches are making on plays, it could be easier to say fangio or roman were outcoached by whoever the raven's coordinators were since they're the play callers. Fangio pretty much just stuck with the vanilla 4 man front and roman failed to really engineer any screen passes to fight the blitz, while ravens had the perfect blitzes to beat our blocking schemes and Smith+boldin tore us up on some pretty impressive plays. Most of the game was neck and neck and a few key plays(braylon throw and ginn throw) prevented us from catching up. As harbaugh said, we just didn't get any of the lucky breaks. I think you could play 3 times and get 3 different results.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:25 PM ]
not this week
we'll see after Roman is gone. that dude is a mad scientist. reminds me of Martz.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
we'll see after Roman is gone. that dude is a mad scientist. reminds me of Martz.

except good
Nope and it's not even close. Until he wins a championship or two, then that title belongs to belecheat.