LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is Jim Harbaugh the best coach in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Oh this is too funny!!!

I love you.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
You don't become the best after 9 games. You have to be among the top for a few years to get there and then the hardest thing is to, stay there. Only then you can be in the conversation as the best coach in the National Football League.

This, but he is making progress to be in this discussion in a few years! I'm enjoying the ride so far Go Niners!!!!!
He definately deserves to be mentioned with the best after what he's done in so short of a time.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by Youngb:
What's your deal?

Shut up and Take it like a man. You Wuss!!

Is it just me or does it not look like Schwartz is squeezing Harbaugh's nipple?
Yes he is; if the 49ers have to win it all this year to prove it to people, he will see that they get it done. This season has been great thus far, but the best is yet to come.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Shanahan?

You're right, I forgot about him. He's 2-0. Not likely to improve that record in Washington, but still...

So active coaches:
Belichick
Shanahan
Tomlin, McCarthy, Payton
He has definitely done the best coaching job this year. In terms of pure coaching ability, he is right up there with the best of them. I wouldn't put him ahead of Belichick just yet due to his lengthy track record. Other than that, I have no problem ranking him above any other coach, whether it be Payton, McCarthy, Tomlin or whoever else. The best has yet to come under Harbaugh. We are just scratching the surface of what this team will ultimately be.
Originally posted by Prospector:
Shanahan?

You're right, I forgot about him. He's 2-0. Not likely to improve that record in Washington, but still...

So active coaches:
Belichick
Shanahan
Tomlin, McCarthy, Payton

I think Shanahan used to be a great coach with the Broncos, but I think hes lost it ever since he went to the Redskins. I dont think hes a top coach these days.

1. Bellichick
2.McCarthy
3.Payton
4. our Harbaugh, even though I would still take him over any other coach
5 Tomlin
6. John Harbaugh
7.Rex Ryan

After that comes Marvin Lewis, Coughlin, Kubiak, John Fox, , etc.
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
You don't become the best after 9 games. You have to be among the top for a few years to get there and then the hardest thing is to, stay there. Only then you can be in the conversation as the best coach in the National Football League.

No. To be the best, you just have to be better than everyone else. Not for any amount of time other than the present.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Originally posted by Prospector:
Shanahan?

So active coaches:
Belichick
Shanahan
Tomlin, McCarthy, Payton

I think Shanahan used to be a great coach with the Broncos, but I think hes lost it ever since he went to the Redskins. I dont think hes a top coach these days.

1. Bellichick
2.McCarthy
3.Payton
5 Tomlin
6. John Harbaugh
7.Rex Ryan

shanahan came into washington with nothing to work with

i think hes just rebuiliding the team defensive first

they have a good defense they just need to wor ont here offense

To Jim Harbaugh:

• Jcool
  • Veteran

1. Bellichick
2.McCarthy
3.Payton
5 Tomlin
6. John Harbaugh
7.Rex Ryan

He is a HORRIBLE coach....
Originally posted by Jcool:

1. Bellichick
2.McCarthy
3.Payton
5 Tomlin
6. John Harbaugh
7.Rex Ryan

He is a HORRIBLE coach....
I dont think John Fox is a horrible coach, but I dont think hes a good coach. Hes average

But hes been in the Superbowl, most of the defenses he has coached has been solid, and he's 5-5 with Tim Tebow you gotta give him some props dude I mean hes not a top 10 coach and I dont think he'll even win a superbowl, but he's not a horrible coach. Mike Singletary was a horrible coach, john fox is not as bad as Singletary.
Harbaugh and Belichick are the best.
Probably posted before but this made me lol

Share 49ersWebzone