There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Jim Harbaugh the best coach in the NFL?

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm watching the up coming scroll on the Thursday Night pre-pregame and their about to discuss who the better Harbaugh is.

I predict the obvious argument will be "John took over a powerhouse playoff team, and Jim brought the 49ers back from the dead."

It was a pretty much vacant back-n-forth between Sharpe and Glazer. Sharpe didn't take a position and Glazer argued for both . . . kinda gave more props to Jim.

lol man I cant wait for next week, there's gonna be a lot of hype stories.
Something funny from the Onion (and please do not take this seriously) about the value of Harbaugh, or more specifically, any Harbaugh:

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/nfl-searching-for-any-unused-harbaughs,26626/

NFL Searching For Any Unused Harbaughs

NEW YORK—After noting the respectable performance of Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and the excellent record of San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh, the National Football League announced Tuesday it is actively seeking any and all Harbaughs currently not in use. "If we could find maybe three or four more Harbaughs, we could replace at least one of the Whisenhunts, Turners, and Sparanos we're making do with now," a statement from the league read in part. "The NFL is prepared to offer a hefty finder's fee to anyone able to locate adult male Harbaughs of decent condition who can speak English and identify a regulation football." NFL sources said the only person to answer the inquiry, an Africa-American male who became agitated when asked to produce proof of his Harbaughness, was almost certainly former Minnesota Vikings coach Denny Green in disguise.

[ Edited by NoOffseason on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM ]
Best coach in the world.
i think he will be considered the best 5 years from now
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by YungAce:

Needs updating:

Les look at who could possibly b the he's coaches.
Billicek- defensive coach with worst defense n the league yes he wins. It it's due to his qb. Every coach that leaves him to b a hc fails.
Tomlin- very well could b always has a great defense and offense is well coached he's been in 2 super bowls in 4 years. Could def. be the best coach.
McCarthy- has Aaron Rodgers, case closed. Defense is average at best and offense can't run. This team without Rodgers would b lost.
Coughlin- good old fashioned coach but alot of players hate playing for him. Great coach but not the best.
Jon harbaugh- good coach not the best his brother is a better coach no doubt about it.
Jim Schwartz- I don't like this guy he makes he's team kinda a dirty team. Still got a way to go.
Payton- I like l Payton and his creativity on both offense and for defense I also like he calls the first 15 plays. Very good coach but I say top 5 best.
Rex ryan- full of hot air I really don't care for him the team is going down hill and all he can do is talk about how they should win. Coach first ask questions later
Hugh jackson- singletary 2.0
Jim harbaugh- I know it hasn't been long but everything he's done n this amount of time u have to say he's top 3 in coaches and the only reason I'm not saying he's the best is cuz he still has to win us some super bowls. After that yes he is the BEST

Really? This, "crap" IMO, is funny?

Disrespect written all over it given Coach's background and the satirical nature minimizing the power of a "living God"... if you believe in such things is OK? That's why I don't argue politics or religion. No way you're going to sway. Still...

I do believe in such things, therefore, my response. Brought up Roman Catholic and Hispanic in the Mission District under the love of a mother who used to be a nun in Costa Rica (frm 16-24 yrs old) where the population is more than 85% Catholic, I would never feel offended by such postings by fellow Ninerbros who don't know the impact of what they've done. You didn't know, right? It's an Internet site. This stuff runs rampant and it doesn't mean anything, right?

However, I believe in the "character" of us who post here. It's a Niner forum, but Harbaugh's family approach holds true here as well..if you believe in such notions.

So please, as a member of this Zone, be conscious of respect. No s**t I'm sensitive, can you tell? How can I say this..."It just doesn't feel right" is the only thing I can come up with. I wish that can convey the sense and feeling of the picture w/o coming across pompous, but it just doesn't feel right.

Just doesn't feel right...at all. Not given what Harbaugh's about.

If my POV offends you, well, you know.
[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM ]
We will find out either this year in the super bowl or within the next couple of years. He has my vote now but I understand how fans for GB or NE would feel quite differently.
yes
Originally posted by ninertico:

Really? This, "crap" IMO, is funny?

Disrespect written all over it given Coach's background and the satirical nature minimizing the power of a "living God"... if you believe in such things is OK? That's why I don't argue politics or religion. No way you're going to sway. Still...

I do believe in such things, therefore, my response. Brought up Roman Catholic and Hispanic in the Mission District under the love of a mother who used to be a nun in Costa Rica (frm 16-24 yrs old) where the population is more than 85% Catholic, I would never feel offended by such postings by fellow Ninerbros who don't know the impact of what they've done. You didn't know, right? It's an Internet site. This stuff runs rampant and it doesn't mean anything, right?

However, I believe in the "character" of us who post here. It's a Niner forum, but Harbaugh's family approach holds true here as well..if you believe in such notions.

So please, as a member of this Zone, be conscious of respect. No s**t I'm sensitive, can you tell? How can I say this..."It just doesn't feel right" is the only thing I can come up with. I wish that can convey the sense and feeling of the picture w/o coming across pompous, but it just doesn't feel right.

Just doesn't feel right...at all. Not given what Harbaugh's about.

If my POV offends you, well, you know.

WTF does it even mean? I clearly don't pay attention to any of that crap, I just see BaseGods, no clue what it means
"No question, you know, absolutely no question"
There is a genius who's the HC of the Pats who's been doing this longer than 9 games who has won superbowls who would beg to differ
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by antdogg49:

Oh this is too funny!!!
HECK YES!!!