There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was todays game a 4th Qtr comeback?

comeback
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Is it really a "comeback" when we led most of the quarter?

Technically, it is because we were down when the quarter began, but really?

yeah we entered the 4th being down one point, so it counts as a comeback. Alex now has 4 4th qtr comebacks (#2 behind Eli)

I understand this. I'm questioning whether or not it SHOULD be considered a comeback. I just don't think leading for the majority of the quarter in an otherwise close game should be considered a comeback. Coming back from 14 points? Sure. But 1 point at the beginning of the quarter and then leading the rest of the game? I don't know.

Either way, I don't think it even matters. We won, and that's all that matters. I'd rather win comfortably than in comeback fashion.

If it makes you feel better, we came back to take a fourteen point lead.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Is it really a "comeback" when we led most of the quarter?

Technically, it is because we were down when the quarter began, but really?

yeah we entered the 4th being down one point, so it counts as a comeback. Alex now has 4 4th qtr comebacks (#2 behind Eli)

I understand this. I'm questioning whether or not it SHOULD be considered a comeback. I just don't think leading for the majority of the quarter in an otherwise close game should be considered a comeback. Coming back from 14 points? Sure. But 1 point at the beginning of the quarter and then leading the rest of the game? I don't know.

Either way, I don't think it even matters. We won, and that's all that matters. I'd rather win comfortably than in comeback fashion.

If it makes you feel better, we came back to take a fourteen point lead.

Yes...4 Comebacks on the year....now people want to b***h about how many points you have to be down in order to consider it a Comeback...LMAO....Real Whiners please stand up!!!!....
yes it is a comeback go alex
YEP ITS A COMEBACK
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Gotta keep the alliterative quality of the moniker.

Could go the Navy route. Captain ----> Commodore. Commodore Comeback. Kinda like that.

U.S. Navy doesn't use Commodore anymore, they use Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

(trivia check)
[ Edited by ninermedic on Nov 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Yes...4 Comebacks on the year....now people want to b***h about how many points you have to be down in order to consider it a Comeback...LMAO....Real Whiners please stand up!!!!....

I take it as a comeback only because the talking heads kept saying we can't do anything if we get down to the Giants and pretty much every other team we played.
You can tell your mom I want my comeback.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Gotta keep the alliterative quality of the moniker.

Could go the Navy route. Captain ----> Commodore. Commodore Comeback. Kinda like that.

U.S. Navy doesn't use Commodore anymore, they use Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

(trivia check)


Rear Admiral Resurrection!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kinda neat for alex, to have 4 4th qtr come from behind wins...this yr alone. Wow.

this.... funny to think everyone thinks alex is just a "game manager"

alex is straight up ballin this year
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Yes...4 Comebacks on the year....now people want to b***h about how many points you have to be down in order to consider it a Comeback...LMAO....Real Whiners please stand up!!!!....

Give me a break. We were down by 1 point for less than 2 minutes in the 4th and led the rest of the game. Not exactly what people think of when they hear "4th quarter comeback."
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Gotta keep the alliterative quality of the moniker.

Could go the Navy route. Captain ----> Commodore. Commodore Comeback. Kinda like that.

U.S. Navy doesn't use Commodore anymore, they use Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

(trivia check)


Rear Admiral Resurrection!

You know, I like it, and yet....
technically yes, but not really.
Yes, we were down in the 4th, and mostly everyone was feeling s**tty even if it was only a 1 pt deficit. Then after the TD, he hooked up with Crabtree to give us a 7 pt lead.