There are 658 users in the forums
Was todays game a 4th Qtr comeback?
Nov 13, 2011 at 9:56 PM
- dhp318
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,924
Well I was feeling pretty s**tty when the NYG took the lead, so I'll call it a comeback.
Nov 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM
- goldstandard
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,436
I was freaking out when the Giants scored to take the lead. I was like this can't be happening. When the Niners scored to take the lead back then after the INT I nearly blew the roof off the house with my scream.
Nov 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM
- merm49
- Veteran
- Posts: 387
I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER?
Nov 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM
- Tru2RedNGold25
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,024
guess he took Harbaugh's old persona hes the new Captain Comeback
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM
- 02-10DidNotHappen
- Veteran
- Posts: 82
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
guess he took Harbaugh's old persona hes the new Captain Comeback
Might need a promotion. Colonel Comeback
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM
- 49erRider
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,508
Is it really a "comeback" when we led most of the quarter?
Technically, it is because we were down when the quarter began, but really?
Technically, it is because we were down when the quarter began, but really?
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM
- kray28
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,928
It was almost a comeback for the Giants....thank Justin Smith.
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM
- Dr_Bill_Walsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,665
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
guess he took Harbaugh's old persona hes the new Captain Comeback
Might need a promotion. Colonel Comeback
Captain--->Major--->Lt. Colonel--->Colonel
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM
- HoneyBadger49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,054
8-1
Nov 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM
- 02-10DidNotHappen
- Veteran
- Posts: 82
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
guess he took Harbaugh's old persona hes the new Captain Comeback
Might need a promotion. Colonel Comeback
Captain--->Major--->Lt. Colonel--->Colonel
Gotta keep the alliterative quality of the moniker.
Could go the Navy route. Captain ----> Commodore. Commodore Comeback. Kinda like that.
Nov 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
- mjonags32
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,207
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Is it really a "comeback" when we led most of the quarter?
Technically, it is because we were down when the quarter began, but really?
yeah we entered the 4th being down one point, so it counts as a comeback. Alex now has 4 4th qtr comebacks (#2 behind Eli)
Nov 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM
- LieutKaffee
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,988
Of course. 4th quarter comeback has a very obvious definition.
Nov 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM
- Furlow
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,454
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Nice, where did you find this?
(taps temple)
Nov 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM
- Memphis9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,642
Originally posted by FourNine49:yeah we entered the 4th being down one point, so it counts as a comeback. Alex now has 4 4th qtr comebacks (#2 behind Eli)
Actually tied with Eli. At least during the game the announcers were saying he had four this year.
Nov 15, 2011 at 4:39 AM
- 49erRider
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,508
Originally posted by FourNine49:Originally posted by 49erRider:Is it really a "comeback" when we led most of the quarter?
Technically, it is because we were down when the quarter began, but really?
yeah we entered the 4th being down one point, so it counts as a comeback. Alex now has 4 4th qtr comebacks (#2 behind Eli)
I understand this. I'm questioning whether or not it SHOULD be considered a comeback. I just don't think leading for the majority of the quarter in an otherwise close game should be considered a comeback. Coming back from 14 points? Sure. But 1 point at the beginning of the quarter and then leading the rest of the game? I don't know.
Either way, I don't think it even matters. We won, and that's all that matters. I'd rather win comfortably than in comeback fashion.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:41 AM ]