There are 267 users in the forums

The bar has been raised

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
This team blew away my expectations. Since that's happened, they've clearly changed. NFC Championship or bust!

My prediction was 7-9. So I have to eat crow regarding the exact outcome. But if they lose the next 7 and finish 8-8, I'll consider myself correct overall.

Fortunately for all of you, not one of my predictions so far this year has come true.

And I couldn't be happier.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Otter:
This team blew away my expectations. Since that's happened, they've clearly changed. NFC Championship or bust!

My prediction was 7-9. So I have to eat crow regarding the exact outcome. But if they lose the next 7 and finish 8-8, I'll consider myself correct overall.

Fortunately for all of you, not one of my predictions so far this year has come true.

I picked 6-10 and it feels great to be wrong.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Otter:

I picked 6-10 and it feels great to be wrong.

On second thought. Has the bar REALLY been raised. 3 years ago, we were Expecting to win the division and beating some playoff teams according to how we looked on paper.

I think our predictions prior to this season was from a perspective of a beaten woman who is a 10 out of 10 but has been so verbally and physically abused that she thinks she's a 5.

We've been at least a 7-10 for three years now. We just needed that White Knight to show us how beautiful we once were.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
On second thought. Has the bar REALLY been raised. 3 years ago, we were Expecting to win the division and beating some playoff teams according to how we looked on paper.

I think our predictions prior to this season was from a perspective of a beaten woman who is a 10 out of 10 but has been so verbally and physically abused that she thinks she's a 5.

We've been at least a 7-10 for three years now. We just needed that White Knight to show us how beautiful we once were.

True. But now were talking about going to the Miss America Pageant.
Indeed the bar has been raised and it will continue to be raised. All we will need is an elite QB and we will be unstoppable for years to come. Hopefully one of the rookies can make significant improvements to be able to supplant Smithy in a couple of years. This game management stuff is good for now just because the Niners have exceeded everyone's expectations. I'm sure once the stage smoke dissipates, we will want to raise the bar even higher. Either Smith raises his game too or we will be calling for a new QB in the foreseeable future.

All of those predictions were merely based on the talent of the team. As we all know by now, it takes more than just having talent on the team. You need to have talent on how to use the talent. HARBAUGH is our savior.
The bar has been raised, no longer is just getting into the playoffs the major goal anymore its pretty much a given. This team needs to start thinking big picture and think about setting themselves up for a run at the super bowl and getting past green bay. Start thinking about getting Gore fully healthy as well cutting back the snaps for some of the defensive studs against the weaker teams. This team is for real and can compete for the ultimate prize.

Slow down there big boy. One game at a time. One game at a time...
In addition to walking that fine line between keeping our most important players sharp and healthy, they need to continue to place the ball in Alex's hands more each week. Fine-tune the offense so it peaks at the right time.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
The bar has been raised, no longer is just getting into the playoffs the major goal anymore its pretty much a given. This team needs to start thinking big picture and think about setting themselves up for a run at the super bowl and getting past green bay. Start thinking about getting Gore fully healthy as well cutting back the snaps for some of the defensive studs against the weaker teams. This team is for real and can compete for the ultimate prize.

Slow down there big boy. One game at a time. One game at a time...

Thats for the coaches and players to think about, as a fan I can dream.
Originally posted by King49er:
Here was MadDog49ers prediction in the PYMWYMI thread lol

"6-10. Greater chance to go 4-12 than 8-8. Dark clouds ahead.P.S. "Be patient, we have a plan". The great plan revealed was the loss of Franklin, Lawson, Baas, Clements, Spikes, and the acquisition of Carlos Rogers, Braylon Edwards, Donte Whitner, Madieu Williams, Jonathan Goodwin, Now, that, my friends, is greatness." [ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 12, 2011 at 08:13:54 ]
Notice, he posted a lot more when we sucked. Just sayin.
I predicted 8-8.

Pretty crazy to think..just ONE more win and we will have broken 9 years of futility and losing. One more win after that will be our first double digit winning season since 2002.

I see us going at least 13-3.

I think we'll split PIT and BAL putting us at 14-2.

Awwl..

We're still growing as a team. Keep the starters on the field unless its the 4th quarter of a blowout.

We can rest if we get a first round bye.
Share 49ersWebzone