There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Next 8 Games Will Separate the Band Wagononers from Us Loyal S.O.B.s

Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I will love this team until the day I die, win or lose.

The fact that most of us Webzoners have been here for YEARS shows dedication to this team. We know who those folks are and I don't think pointing fingers are needed.

Just damn glad we are relevent once more and hopefully, to the years that will follow.

I think I joined when the roll'n with nolan mantra was being used....GOD WE SUCKED
This last offseason kind of already seperated them... not too many grumpy puppies around the zone these days haha.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not sure of the relevance. Who cares if fans jump ship or stay onboard until it sinks?

Relevence as in talking about the playoffs and actually getting there... without a losing record.

I know, but this post was about fans and their reactions good or bad to sucess/failure. I mean, who really gives a s**t? Let's just talk football here, otherwise, take it to the parking lot.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Nov 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM ]
yes, it's pretty refreshing to see somoe of the most pessimistic of members here finally tuen positive. what a difference one season can make. i remember as a kid going to church every sunday and praying for a niners victory and always feeling like we would win every game that joe or steve played. until this season i can't remember the last time i actually looked forward to each game starting on monday.
Not sure of the relevance. Who cares if fans jump ship or stay onboard until it sinks?

Relevence as in talking about the playoffs and actually getting there... without a losing record.

I know, but this post was about fans and their reactions good or bad to sucess/failure. I mean, who really gives a s**t? Let's just talk football here, otherwise, take it to the parking lot.

True... True...

So... How bout them 49ers?

Wel, the team is most likely going to the playoffs so it would seem hard for the bandwagoners to fall off.
I hate it when people come on here and claim they are "Loyal" and "True" fans. Who cares what kind of fan you are. We are all 9er fans. It doesnt matter how long you have been a fan on the team or how many games you have been to.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Nov 11, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]
2-14 under erickson tipped the band wagon over. We had a lot of heated debates in here that season. Even though I disagreed with a lot of people (team dorsey) I especially respect those zoners that were here that season. Pretty much anyone who has jumped on since 2002 is a real fan because we have not had a winning season. It's nice to not be debating weather dorsey or pickett should start. Pete carrol wouldn't even touch the team for any amount of money. f**k you pete the cheat! Its nice to be a winner again!
Bandwagon fans mean we're good, so I have no issue with 'em. But yes, a bad loss (or any loss under the right circumstances) will cost us a few fairweather fans no doubt. I agree with your point also about a loss being able to strengthen a team - remember the ass-kicking we took at the hands of the Eagles the year we won the Super Bowl (I think our last loss of that season)? Young was actually taken out of the game and was seen shouting at Seifert on the sidelines - there's no way that didn't HELP the team unite behind Young and that blowout loss put some of our guys on notice that they have to show up to win. Personally I think we need a good drubbing to keep us even - just hoping it doesn't happen this week cuz this one has some big playoff implications assuming New York stays on a roll the rest of the way too.
I am all the way in!! Love what jed is doing, love what balkee is doing and of course love what our hc is doing!! we are in a 5 year plan and my enthusiasm for this team can only go up!!!

go niners
Great post! Niner fan since '81 and I ain't going no where!!!

Go Niner's
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I hate it when people come on here and claim they are "Loyal" and "True" fans. Who cares what kind of fan you are. We are all 9er fans. It doesnt matter how long you have been a fan on the team or how many games you have been to.

"we will stop eli manning"
Well hopefully the second half stays as good as the first half, but I think it's a given everyone who has been posting here for years is a true fan. Hell, I've been wearing the same niner cap from 2003 (the beginning of the downfall), so I'll be damned before I get grouped with bandwagon scum!
You know when the bandwaggoners are jumping on and your team is doing well when the hot chicks begin wearing 49ers gear.

True... True...

So... How bout them 49ers?