LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Grantland - Quarterbacking Made Simple - How Jim Harbaugh has made Alex Smith's job e

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
Great read.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7218353/quarterbacking-made-simple
Thanks for the link to the a
Yeah, thanks for the li
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
I remember reading earlier in the season about simplified blitz reads, but that video displays it perfectly. I wonder if that's why I see Vernon and Delanie in to block more often than previous years (hence less receptions).
It's called coaching. Something we haven't had in years.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's called coaching. Something we haven't had in years.

Singletary: I diagree. This is a mans game. All you have to do is man-up, push the defense out of the way, and run to the touchdown place.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Thanks for the link to the a

Thanks for the link - very well written articles. I didn't know about that site.

The effects of excellent coaching. The coaching staff is maximizing the talents of our players. Little by little we are improving every facet of the game. I think this week we'll see a better passing game NOT a great passing game but a much improved game. Look for our coaches to get DWalker involved more.
Excellent article! Thanks for the link.
Its refreshing to read articles like this, and the abundance of links interspersed throughout the article (ie SOURCES, ZOMG) gives his arguments credence. Plus I can read this stuff for days. Its sad that mainstream media (espn, nfl channel) can't get this kind of high-quality analysis. Instead they rely on the commentators to say the equivalent of 'alex smith?? LOL, DIDNT WATCH'

I didn't know Chris Brown was a Niner fan
Good stuff. And simplicity can be a wonderful thing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
not this ag
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Thanks. I just want to s
Good read. Hopefully one of the benefits of this is that as Alex learns more and more of the playbook he will be able to take more and more advantage of the D. It seems to me this also plays to the strenghts of Alex. He has always been described as a guy who wants to "know it all". Having a dense playbook with definate reads probably plays to his strengths. Also giving him the option to audible into something different helps too. He can adjust the play and therefore KNOW the route his reciever will run. Not HOPE the guy is thinking the same thing he is.
Share 49ersWebzone