There are 271 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 25, 2024 at 11:31 PM ]
Thanks Jed. For not guaranteeing the playoffs. dumb ass.
"they're scared of us"
Originally posted by danimal:

He's a dumbass for letting his emotions about the team get the better of him?

Really?
We should believe in the players too. They are the ones getting it done out there. They want no part of losing since they have found success. But it all starts from the top with Jed. Maybe a little to uncle D for being there for Jed.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Really?

Really.
I always believed in Jed because he wants to win and looks up to his uncle Eddie. His only problem was he is young but is starting to figure things out. He is much better off than he was a few years ago. Hopefully he stops guaranteeing things or saying stuff like this is the last time our season ends in Dec.

P.S. A couple years ago I felt he wanted to win but just didn't know how. Looks like he has found the way.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:48 PM ]
The York family ownership has been totally horrible right up to the beginning of this year. They got the coach everyone wanted and that proved to be the wise choice.

I don't trust their ownership at all and hope they stay as far away from actual football issues as possible, leaving all decisions to the actual experts.They should spend their time getting a stadium, a good one we can be proud of, and to go away otherwise. Years from now they will reap the rewards of detached ownership because that is the best ownership. Then they will be considered icons of the game. If they try to be involved, they will more likely screw it up.

Really?

Really.

I know for a fact there are plenty of posts that you have let your emotions get the best of you on this forum......does that make you a dumb ass? I don't think so, it makes you passionate and is proof of your love for the team. The same can be said for Jed.

Really?

Really.

I know for a fact there are plenty of posts that you have let your emotions get the best of you on this forum......does that make you a dumb ass? I don't think so, it makes you passionate and is proof of your love for the team. The same can be said for Jed.

But I am not the Owner. I promise you I am never emotional about things that are totally and directly in my control. He was a dumbass for not realizing that is not a befitting thing of an owner to do. Its like the HC Rex Ryan, he does not seem to understand he is an HC now. Stop talking up your team and do your f**king talking on the gridiron.

Anyway, I was being mostly facetious, he as almost made it up to me

Really?

Really.

But I am not the Owner. I promise you I am never emotional about things that are totally and directly in my control. He was a dumbass for not realizing that is not a befitting thing of an owner to do. Its like the HC Rex Ryan, he does not seem to understand he is an HC now. Stop talking up your team and do your f**king talking on the gridiron.

Anyway, I was being mostly facetious, he as almost made it up to me
I chalk it up to being young and inexperienced.
Jed York stayed his course when Me, you, and the NFL world was chastising his actions after he announced the firing of Dingleberry and the pending search for GM/HC. Now granted he brought it on himself when his actions did not match his words, but the fact remains we have Baalke and Harbaugh (+ staff), who are unquestionably responsible for this magical season, because of Jed York.

He got it right the 3rd time. There are teams who have ownership families who never get it right in decades of trying.

I for one thank Jed York. Because of him my every day is a bit brighter, my mood is a bit lighter, my pride in being a die hard Niners fan never stronger, my enjoyment in this entire process unprecedented (I started loving the Niners in the mid 80's), a flood of great memories all tied to a period in which the Niners were an annual powerhouse, revisited.

Personally, I am confident Harbaugh is a special coach. He is a franchise changing coach. Maybe I am setting myself up for a hard hard slap of reality, but what he's done in the last 3-4 months is nothing short of miraculous, and it's that short body of work that I hang my confidence in Harbaugh on.

I believe the Niners are on the cusp of another era of winning football, and all thanks to Jed York.

Thank you Jed.

How do you figure he got it right the third time? He was not responsible hor Nolan and Scotts hiring. I think JH will be a good HC, but I will reserve the word great until after he wins a SB, besides it is only halfway through his first season.

Don't be an ass dude. He really tried to get this ship turned around and it seems like it has worked. (crosses fingers) Be thankful that he tries....unlike some other teams in the NFL or other sports (maloofs)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah he does, he hired the right guy and gave him what he needed.

Now if he get this stadium built (and its looking like its gonna happen) then he really will be the man.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah he does, he hired the right guy and gave him what he needed.

Now if he get this stadium built (and its looking like its gonna happen) then he really will be the man.

especially if he gets the stadium built a year earlier than expected.
Share 49ersWebzone