There are 189 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We should have sunday night football

This is BS... I know pats and jets are a good matchup but man.... two hot teams, the niners and the the giants, would be much better due to their hype this season...

The pats and jets both stink
no way they move this game. two good teams, 2 huge markets, and a divisional rivalry. giants 9ers is a very big game too, but no way they move jets pats out of prime time.
they can just move games like that?? What about people that already purchased plane tickets and such to watch the game at its scheduled time?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
they can just move games like that?? What about people that already purchased plane tickets and such to watch the game at its scheduled time?

They can change game times starting this week, but they need to give something like 12 days notice.
East Coast Rules.
The national coverage map hasn't come out yet, but I think the SF-NYG game may the "national" afternoon game for FOX.

Originally posted by njninersfan420:
no way they move this game. two good teams, 2 huge markets, and a divisional rivalry. giants 9ers is a very big game too, but no way they move jets pats out of prime time.

Agree with this. Objectively there's no way SF-NYG is bigger nationally than NE-NYJ. To the national audience, the niners have made the playoffs already and an out-of-division game isn't going to change that, win or lose. If we want more national TV dates, we need an NFCW team to get good too.
From what i saw the 49er/Giants game has been labeled **AMERICAS GAME OF THE WEEK** and will be airing on Fox 4pm Est.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
This is BS... I know pats and jets are a good matchup but man.... two hot teams, the niners and the the giants, would be much better due to their hype this season...

The pats and jets both stink

No our O stinks ' that's why we are not on !
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
From what i saw the 49er/Giants game has been labeled **AMERICAS GAME OF THE WEEK** and will be airing on Fox 4pm Est.

I dont mean to be over confident, but after we win this game, our bandwagon will be chalk full of newbies who have been niner fans "forever"
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 50
It's about $$$ as well. Fox doesn't want give up a game with a huge rating potential.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
no way they move this game. two good teams, 2 huge markets, and a divisional rivalry. giants 9ers is a very big game too, but no way they move jets pats out of prime time.

Agreed. plus I rather win without all of the national hype anyway.
There are a bunch of reasons why we are not SNF, I'll just list the 2 most obvious ones:
1) Historically the NFL only flexes a game out of SNF if one team is absolutely terrible. If the game is ok and watchable chances are it is going to stay. Patriots - Jets is a good game and was originally in the SNF slot so it stays.
2) FOX has the doubleheader this week and already had Giants - Niners penciled in as the game of the week. If you move a premier game like Patriots - Jets to CBS and Giants - Niners to SNF then where does that leave FOX? NFL is all about maximizing ratings, people. Moving Giants - Niners to SNF would not have done that.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
From what i saw the 49er/Giants game has been labeled **AMERICAS GAME OF THE WEEK** and will be airing on Fox 4pm Est.

I dont mean to be over confident, but after we win this game, our bandwagon will be chalk full of newbies who have been niner fans "forever"

Peter king is one of them... (ol'e b*****d)
NO way they would ever bump jets and pats. Those teams could be under .500 and still not get bumped. The good news is that the Giants and Niners game should be on a lot of televisions at 4pm, hopefully including mine in MA.
That will NEVER happen. Too many variables to change so soon.

Also those 2 markets are huge. I'm from NYC and anything from Boston in any sport is front page news. There is real hate between those cities.