LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Lockup Bowman before he hits free agency

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I get the feeling that Bowman wants to be out of P52's shadow when his contract is up, hope I am wrong.

??

Do people say stuff with no evidence to back it up just for fun.

its his feeling lol
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I get the feeling that Bowman wants to be out of P52's shadow when his contract is up, hope I am wrong.

??

its his feeling lol

I get the feeling he would like to go down with P52 as the greatest linebacking duo ever.... just sayin.

If ego's were involved I'd understand Bowman wanting to branch out on his own. But Willis isnt proclaiming hes the best or flaunting his skills in everyones face, he shows up, works his ass off and it produces results on the field. IMO a deal will get done and we will pay Bowman a little less than Willis but more than enough to make him happy. This league is evolving and fast linebackers who can cover and tackle will make the ILB position more valuable again. With the increased salary cap and minimum spending, it shouldnt be a problem to get him signed longterm.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We have a few guys needing extensions soon.

Goldson this year, then after 2012 Walker and Lee are musts, Sopoaga could go either way, then after 2013 Justin Smith, decide on Tarell Brown, also have David Akers and Donte Whitner up after 2013, would love both extended after 2013, then we need Bowman that year too, and Iupati and A,Davis.

Bowman should be in the 40M range, I can't see the team handing him near 60M we gave Willis. I would do a deal through 2017, so an additional 5 years onto 2012 season

Goldson could be between 30-35M over 5 years (Through 2016)

Iupati will be a larger contract, hoping in the 35M range over 5 years

Whitner would be a lower contract, not too low, but maybe 4M a yr over 4 years, so 16M total

Davis would be 25M deal over 5 years

J.Smith would be a deal averaging 6M While Akers would be 2-3M average. Lee will be 2.5M a yr.

Of course dont/cant do it all in one year, thats why there is a cap, so we can spread things out, maybe do Lee now this year when things are settled with Goldson's new deal(hopefully).

was wondering when resident GM AB83 was gonna show up and put this thing to rest...

Yeah, good stuff AB. Nothing would make me happier than to keep this team together for the next 5 plus years.

I agree AB=WZ God

But....Whitner 4 year extension? I'm not so sure about that. Maybe 2.
Akers, J.Smith shouldn't be hard to get extended considering they will be really old by the time we need to do so. I don't see this team letting Bowman walk
Totally agree, we need to lock Bowman up ASAP.

Lee is crucial. I think we lose Goldson - just a bad feeling. I hope not.

??

its his feeling lol

Typically I would say wait til next year, however, AB said that the salary cap will be going up drastically (40-60 mil if i remember correctly) in the next two seasons. Whoever we sign long term now will want money based off of what players are being paid now, not what they will be in the future. In the next few years, contracts will be going up quite a bit and we could end up paying more money in the long run.

Either way, I'll be happy. As long as we keep him and don't pay him as much as P52.
sometimes when players play way better than the contract they signed they hold out.
If we know Bowman is something special then im sure so does he and his agent. it would not be cheap and if he out played the contract it would be a great shot of a holdout anyway. Most players are likely to play out the rookie contract.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
DP
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Are these violent acts directed towards me??????? REPORT for being abusive.

LOL.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
LOL.
i hope your penis is ok this off season. I worry about these things you know after a entire season of it tingling, it needs some rest

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

??

its his feeling lol

Diva is my dude
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its gonna be hard to keep him and Willis. Interesting to see how this plays out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
LOL.
i hope your penis is ok this off season. I worry about these things you know after a entire season of it tingling, it needs some rest

Yes, it's in hybernation right now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yes, it's in hybernation right now.
good. I am no doctor but it may be good for it to go into cryogenics for a while. thats good advice i think
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We have a few guys needing extensions soon.

Goldson this year, then after 2012 Walker and Lee are musts, Sopoaga could go either way, then after 2013 Justin Smith, decide on Tarell Brown, also have David Akers and Donte Whitner up after 2013, would love both extended after 2013, then we need Bowman that year too, and Iupati and A,Davis.

Bowman should be in the 40M range, I can't see the team handing him near 60M we gave Willis. I would do a deal through 2017, so an additional 5 years onto 2012 season

Goldson could be between 30-35M over 5 years (Through 2016)

Iupati will be a larger contract, hoping in the 35M range over 5 years

Whitner would be a lower contract, not too low, but maybe 4M a yr over 4 years, so 16M total

Davis would be 25M deal over 5 years

J.Smith would be a deal averaging 6M While Akers would be 2-3M average. Lee will be 2.5M a yr.

Of course dont/cant do it all in one year, thats why there is a cap, so we can spread things out, maybe do Lee now this year when things are settled with Goldson's new deal(hopefully).

was wondering when resident GM AB83 was gonna show up and put this thing to rest...

Yeah, good stuff AB. Nothing would make me happier than to keep this team together for the next 5 plus years.

I agree AB=WZ God

But....Whitner 4 year extension? I'm not so sure about that. Maybe 2.
Akers, J.Smith shouldn't be hard to get extended considering they will be really old by the time we need to do so. I don't see this team letting Bowman walk

Thanks guys, It shouldn't hard to get these guys extended, we have a few long term deals on the books, but Willis' bonus money will be gone after 2012, so that frees up over 12M in cap space over the next 4 seasons after 2012. Of course Bowman is signed through 2013, and can be franchised if need be, but I'm sure we extend him after 2012.

I think Whitner could be a 3 or 4 yr deal, depended on how the brass feels about him. I also agree Akers and J.Smith should be easy, both love being here, and are vital members of this team.

It really feels good we are in good cap shape, and have a bright future ahead of us.
Share 49ersWebzone