LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

Lockup Bowman before he hits free agency

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:

Are these violent acts directed towards me??????? REPORT for being abusive.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I get the feeling that Bowman wants to be out of P52's shadow when his contract is up, hope I am wrong.

I don't get that feeling at all . . . yet. As long as he's getting recognition, which he is, I'd hope he won't feel like he's in Willis' shadow. They seem pretty tight. I think we just need to pay him well . . . which may not be practical. BUT . . . we front-loaded the hell out of Patrick's contract . . . so maybe we can get something done.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

I'm all for locking up Bowman long term, but haven't even worked out a long term contract with Goldson yet. I'm hoping we give #38 his long term deal, then franchise Bowman at the end of this season while hammering out a contract for him too. I would hate to relinquish #53 to another team; we didn't let it happen to Brooks, we shouldn't let it happen to Bowman, either.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
I'm all for locking up Bowman long term, but haven't even worked out a long term contract with Goldson yet. I'm hoping we give #38 his long term deal, then franchise Bowman at the end of this season while hammering out a contract for him too. I would hate to relinquish #53 to another team; we didn't let it happen to Brooks, we shouldn't let it happen to Bowman, either.

Bowman has two years left on his deal. If he has another year like last season then we need to pay him.
I get the feeling that Bowman wants to be out of P52's shadow when his contract is up, hope I am wrong.

What would give you that feeling? Just because he's good? I haven't seen or heard him give any indication of that.

Today's video in reaction to his being named in the Top 100 should put your mind at ease, as it seems to clearly express that his view is the total opposite of what you're worried about.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Bowman-Moving-Up-the-Ranks/c4e009f3-a145-4290-b013-7ea3b0de66c2
We have a few guys needing extensions soon.

Goldson this year, then after 2012 Walker and Lee are musts, Sopoaga could go either way, then after 2013 Justin Smith, decide on Tarell Brown, also have David Akers and Donte Whitner up after 2013, would love both extended after 2013, then we need Bowman that year too, and Iupati and A,Davis.

Bowman should be in the 40M range, I can't see the team handing him near 60M we gave Willis. I would do a deal through 2017, so an additional 5 years onto 2012 season

Goldson could be between 30-35M over 5 years (Through 2016)

Iupati will be a larger contract, hoping in the 35M range over 5 years

Whitner would be a lower contract, not too low, but maybe 4M a yr over 4 years, so 16M total

Davis would be 25M deal over 5 years

J.Smith would be a deal averaging 6M While Akers would be 2-3M average. Lee will be 2.5M a yr.

Of course dont/cant do it all in one year, thats why there is a cap, so we can spread things out, maybe do Lee now this year when things are settled with Goldson's new deal(hopefully).
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Bowman has two years left on his deal. If he has another year like last season then we need to pay him.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm anticipating a big contract for Bowman, so it's good that we have an extra year to work something out. I suspect he's the real deal, so I don't expect a regression in his production. I'm sure Parague (sp?) & Co. see this looming, so I have the utmost confidence that they do what it takes to retain their talent.

Therein lies the problem. I was surprised we resigned Brooks because he was expensive. Worth every penny, but expensive when you consider that we already have Aldon.

Make no mistake, Bowman's agent will want at least what Willis is making right now. Iupati will want big money too. Then later on we have Aldon Smith who will want the kitchen sink, and we're already at the cap right now.

The chances of us signing Aldon Smith are near 100%, but we're not going to be able to keep all of these players.

You think? This is a no brainer.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Goldson this year, then after 2012 Walker and Lee are musts, Sopoaga could go either way, then after 2013 Justin Smith, decide on Tarell Brown, also have David Akers and Donte Whitner up after 2013, would love both extended after 2013, then we need Bowman that year too, and Iupati and A,Davis.

Bowman should be in the 40M range, I can't see the team handing him near 60M we gave Willis. I would do a deal through 2017, so an additional 5 years onto 2012 season

Whitner would be a lower contract, not too low, but maybe 4M a yr over 4 years, so 16M total

J.Smith would be a deal averaging 6M While Akers would be 2-3M average. Lee will be 2.5M a yr.

Of course dont/cant do it all in one year, thats why there is a cap, so we can spread things out, maybe do Lee now this year when things are settled with Goldson's new deal(hopefully).

was wondering when resident GM AB83 was gonna show up and put this thing to rest...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

was wondering when resident GM AB83 was gonna show up and put this thing to rest...

Yeah, good stuff AB. Nothing would make me happier than to keep this team together for the next 5 plus years.

??

Do people say stuff with no evidence to back it up just for fun.
i need the season to start
Share 49ersWebzone