LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Lockup Bowman before he hits free agency

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
I guess Sing was right when he said Bowman reminded him of Willis.

I think Sing is the one who deserves the credit for drafting him.

you're just seeing what u can stir up
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Allx9er:

why would that stir anything up
  • lyer
  • Veteran
yes resign him asap. willis is covering more but he's still in on every play just about. bowman has just took over his spot as tackle machine.
Originally posted by lyer:
yes resign him asap. willis is covering more but he's still in on every play just about. bowman has just took over his spot as tackle machine.

This is what I don't get about people who think Bowman is better (he is real good but not better than Willis). This new coaching staff is a REAL COACHING STAFF. And they are innovative and creative. They are using Willis for his speed an athleticism in coverage. And how many times have we seen him knock down the ball running with a guy stride for stride? He's awesome in coverage like everything else. Bowman is being used more close to the line of scrimmage for tackles. So it's different assignments that is altering the #'s of tackles. But they are both doing well.
  • Veteran

Because you are sus!!!!
[ Edited by 190836 on Nov 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM ]
Lock that shyt up!

because there is always the possibility of this becoming one of those singletary cant evaluate talent spin offs and me thinks enjoy the mini sagas you light a match to.

we need to lock him up ASAP
Originally posted by sfout:
Tentative deadline to lock Bowman up long term is exactly a year away. Waiting until week 8 of next year will give us plenty of time to evaluate him and see him in playoff situations and also see him through a full off-season with the coaching staff. Baalke knows that we have to worry about other people a lot sooner then we have to think about Bowman leaving us. Secondly, with the culture that Harbaugh is building I don't see any of our up and comers wanting out of a promising team with what looks like a death grip on their division.

Here here to the idea of locking him up, but I would take this approach.
I think if it came down to it willis would do wha he was trying to do with spikes and say hey if I have to take less money to keep bowman around then I will

Congrats to Bow on his Top 100 appearance at #85. It's is much deserved.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d828d4a47

The first play they show in the piece when he ran down Vick in the flat on a key 3rd down play literally made my jaw drop when I saw it live. It was a HUGE play that forced a 3 & out after our first TD of that epic comeback.

Yes, he's signed through next season, but we need to try like hell to lock this guy up long-term no later than next off-season.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]
I hope he stays, if these guys want rings this is the best place to be and to be part of an historic D.

In 20 years stories will be told about this group!!
I get the feeling that Bowman wants to be out of P52's shadow when his contract is up, hope I am wrong.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

The first play they show in the piece when he ran down Vick in the flat on a key 3rd down play literally made my jaw drop when I saw it live. It was a HUGE play that forced a 3 & out after our first TD of that epic comeback.

Yes, he's signed through next season, but we need to try like hell to lock this guy up long-term no later than next off-season.

I hope he leaves. I want to draft his replacement next year.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I hope he leaves. I want to draft his replacement next year.

Share 49ersWebzone