49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 581 users in the forums

If we were to play Green Bay today...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If we played them today, we'd lose. -If we play them in the playoffs, that's a different story...

THIS. We still have considerable room for growth with this offense. The play-calling at times today was a bit odd, but we also had some key drops in key situations. It's obvious our defense is our greatest asset, but we need to make sure we're also a threat to get first downs through the air and sustain long clock-drowning drives to keep that defense fresh. We're going to need some more Kendall Hunter to keep Gore fresh down this last half of the season.

Green Bay is the defending Super Bowl Champion. Let's realize how far we've come in comparing ourselves considering 3 months ago we were wondering just how we'd stack up with the rest of our division.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,806
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
If the game is in the east coast we would win.

We would beat them
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would punch them in the mouth. They haven't seen a D like ours. I live in SD and their D is nowhere near on par with ours. We wouldn't give up that many points. Plus Alex is so hyper careful he wouldn't throw that many interceptions....

San Diego's pass defense is legit. They had the #1 overrall ranked defense last year, and this year their passing defense is top 5. They're no joke.

I don't know who'd win and not venturing any guesses, but I don't know if we're quite at that point of shutting Aaron Rodgers down. Vick, Romo they lit us up like a X Mas tree.

We've faced alot of aneimic passing attacks so far. Cin, Clv, Sea, Wsh. Detroit is really the only credible passing attack that we held in check.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would punch them in the mouth. They haven't seen a D like ours. I live in SD and their D is nowhere near on par with ours. We wouldn't give up that many points. Plus Alex is so hyper careful he wouldn't throw that many interceptions....

San Diego's pass defense is legit. They had the #1 overrall ranked defense last year, and this year their passing defense is top 5. They're no joke.

I don't know who'd win and not venturing any guesses, but I don't know if we're quite at that point of shutting Aaron Rodgers down. Vick, Romo they lit us up like a X Mas tree.

We had some DB's hurt when playing those guys. In particular Goldson.

SD is not great on pass defense. Trust me. I live here. Their pass rush is WAY DOWN from past years. You can move the ball on them. They don't get that much pressure. And their DB's commit dumb penalties all game long like today.
Green Bay is the defending champs and undefeated this year last time I checked. I think we would be competitive against them but think the Pack would win. Hopefully we will get that chance to play them... at home at the Stick in the NFC title game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We had some DB's hurt when playing those guys. In particular Goldson.

SD is not great on pass defense. Trust me. I live here. Their pass rush is WAY DOWN from past years. You can move the ball on them. They don't get that much pressure. And their DB's commit dumb penalties all game long like today.

5th place at 180 yards per game. Biggest difference with them is Phillip River's complete regression.
ok people saying we could beat them explain how we would beat them there the sb champs we would need to score 3 or more tds not akers fg to beat them right now we would lose
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We had some DB's hurt when playing those guys. In particular Goldson.

SD is not great on pass defense. Trust me. I live here. Their pass rush is WAY DOWN from past years. You can move the ball on them. They don't get that much pressure. And their DB's commit dumb penalties all game long like today.

5th place at 180 yards per game. Biggest difference with them is Phillip River's complete regression.

Rivers has become Alex and Alex has become Rivers...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,726
Green Bay has played few games with quality opponents thus far.

Going into this week, the 49ers had the most difficult strength of schedule of teams with two losses or less.

I'll start thinking the Packers are the best when they actually beat somebody good on a constant basis.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Green Bay has played few games with quality opponents thus far.

Going into this week, the 49ers had the most difficult strength of schedule of teams with two losses or less.

I'll start thinking the Packers are the best when they actually beat somebody good on a constant basis.

They are the reigning Super Bowl champions who happen to be undefeated right now. It's kinda laughable to discredit them in way shape or form.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Rivers has become Alex and Alex has become Rivers...

I don't think you should be hating on Alex 2009 like that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would punch them in the mouth. They haven't seen a D like ours. I live in SD and their D is nowhere near on par with ours. We wouldn't give up that many points. Plus Alex is so hyper careful he wouldn't throw that many interceptions....

San Diego's pass defense is legit. They had the #1 overrall ranked defense last year, and this year their passing defense is top 5. They're no joke.

I don't know who'd win and not venturing any guesses, but I don't know if we're quite at that point of shutting Aaron Rodgers down. Vick, Romo they lit us up like a X Mas tree.

We had some DB's hurt when playing those guys. In particular Goldson.

SD is not great on pass defense. Trust me. I live here. Their pass rush is WAY DOWN from past years. You can move the ball on them. They don't get that much pressure. And their DB's commit dumb penalties all game long like today.

LMFAO...Greg Manusky'd
Originally posted by okdkid:
Green Bay has played few games with quality opponents thus far.

Going into this week, the 49ers had the most difficult strength of schedule of teams with two losses or less.

I'll start thinking the Packers are the best when they actually beat somebody good on a constant basis.

LOL They have beaten New Orleans as well as Atlanta and San Diego on the road. They are undefeated. Not sure what more you would need from them to prove they are they best team in football. Defending champs, undefeated, and beating good teams.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would punch them in the mouth. They haven't seen a D like ours. I live in SD and their D is nowhere near on par with ours. We wouldn't give up that many points. Plus Alex is so hyper careful he wouldn't throw that many interceptions....

San Diego's pass defense is legit. They had the #1 overrall ranked defense last year, and this year their passing defense is top 5. They're no joke.

I don't know who'd win and not venturing any guesses, but I don't know if we're quite at that point of shutting Aaron Rodgers down. Vick, Romo they lit us up like a X Mas tree.

We had some DB's hurt when playing those guys. In particular Goldson.

SD is not great on pass defense. Trust me. I live here. Their pass rush is WAY DOWN from past years. You can move the ball on them. They don't get that much pressure. And their DB's commit dumb penalties all game long like today.

LMFAO...Greg Manusky'd

Big Nickel FTL.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone