LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

If we were to play Green Bay today...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
If the game is in the east coast we would win.

Does Green Bay count as "east?".....
Originally posted by boqi:
Originally posted by VA49er:
Dude. How old are you??? STARTING TO HATE GREEN BAY???? Did you miss the 90s or something? I've been hating green bay since Holmgren stole our MOJO and took George Seifurt's secret achilies heel (TE SEEM) all the way to paydirt. I'm praying we get to play green bay this year and put their cheese where it can get nice and stinky

Haha. Touche! Yes I've hated green bay for a long time, but last year I wanted to see them succeed against the steelers. Hate the steelers even more, lol.

This isn't so much about "niners vs packers" in the playoffs. More about who fundamentally has the better team, thus should be getting more attention and credit around the NFL.

Absolutely. I did "root against" the steelers last year. Total Ring jealousy!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
More and more the 49ers look like THE team to beat in the NFL.
SF 30 - GB 20

this year the NFCCG will be like 1992...two teams that haven't met all season will battle it out for the date to the big dance...2011 Niners = '92 cowpokes

we'll force the cheeseheads into a ton of to's @ lambeau

Niners = will be pack's NEMESIS for the next 5 yrs (karma for the late 90's)
The way I see it we have 8 games left to get it together. Then show what we are capable of in the playoffs. If we can keep winning along the way that would be great. The main thing to work on is the passing game. If we can get it going the next 8 games, come playoff time, 'Who's got it better than us?!!!'
If we played them today, we'd lose. -If we play them in the playoffs, that's a different story...
Green Bay's offense is ridiculous right now, but I think our defense would give them the toughest fight they've had all year. This is a tough one to gauge, these teams are polar opposites. If I had to honestly guess though, I'd say Rodgers' chip on his shoulder over the Niners not drafting him could give Green Bay that slight edge. Hope we get to find out this year, been waiting to stick it to the Packers for a while...
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I think GB would beat us, right now. Like 28-20 or something. Only way we win is we control the clock and keep them off the field. Keep it close, maybe a get a turnover or two. I mean it could happen but I'd say they would win 7 out of 10 times against us. Right now.
It would be ugly. Our offense isn't built to score quickly. I don't see any team stopping Rodgers right now. Even on an off day, that offense will put up 25-30 pts.
The Packers area bit like the Colts have been with Peyton. Crap run game, aggressive D that makes some big plays but can be exposed and give up a lot of points, and an amazing passing attack.

Without Rodgers they might not be Colts bad, but they'd be closer to it than most think. They are not the complete team they are often characterized as.

So basically, in the NFC championship game we should spend the first quarter targeting Rodger's knees.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Nov 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM ]

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
we would lose

With fans acting like this, yes

I am an avid supporter of the team but can acknowledge the O is not firing on all cylinders at this point.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If we played them today, we'd lose. -If we play them in the playoffs, that's a different story...

GB's offense is on fire right now....
it would definitely be a tough game at this point. we have been holding teams to very few points but in a lot of our games there were opportunities for teams to burn us, but they don't have the talent at QB to do it. the packers do.

i'm not saying they would drop 40 on us but we would basically need to play an error free game on both sides of the ball. i think we could pose a big problem to them because of our ball control but they are really a bad matchup for us because they're a pure passing team
They would destroy us. Aaron Rodgers is living on another planet, and we could not even come close to keeping up with them offensively. The Niners are a really good team, but the Packers are clearly the best team in the NFL, and it may not be that close.
  • ttime
Originally posted by okdkid:
More and more the 49ers look like THE team to beat in the NFL.

Although I share your enthusiasm, the niners have to become more consistent on both offense and defense to reach that point. This team has way more talent than Washington and should have won by at least 20 points. Play makers have to start making plays and they have to dramatically improve on their 3rd down conversions(Alex missed a few today and VD an Gore have to make each possession count. A converted LB to FB is not supposed to be the star of the game with the talent that this team has.

The defense gave up more than it should have and some of this is due to the passiveness in the second half.

A 7 -1 record is hard to beat; but one team has and its GB; who until proven otherwise, is THE team to beat.
[ Edited by ttime on Nov 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone