There are 171 users in the forums

This loss falls on the shoulders of the o-line!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Yeah Ray Rice brought that stat up and was joking about how he wanted that so bad....LoL.

9 sacks isn't going to help any offense so our OLine has some things they have to fix. We also need to tweak some things on the defense in regards to pass rush. Its been nonexistent for the past couple weeks...disappeared.

Some good notes:
*No rushing TD's
*No 100 yard rushers
*No big pass plays downfield

This loss however leans over to the offense. Had they been able to give Alex time to throw....this could have been a different outcome.....BUT....not hanging my head over it. It was a good loss for us, give us something to revisit before next game....or before the Steelers game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This was the worst O Line performence I've ever seen since I've been watching the 49ers...

You must not have been watching for long....
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Good loss....this prepares us for the Steelers game because the Ravens are very physical like the Steelers.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I'll take 14-2

Agree....13-3 isn't bad either....but I think we beat the Steelers at home.
Originally posted by trogdor:
This was the worst O Line performence I've ever seen since I've been watching the 49ers...

Oh I've been watching. Name a worse O Line game? Which one?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
this, all of this

Duh.
Originally posted by trogdor:

Regular season...not preseason.
Jim H lost this game to help his brother Jon out so he can stay on top of the AFC North, one game ahead of the Steelers. When the Steelers comes to town in three weeks, we will help Jon out again by beating the Steelers and helping the Ravens to a two game lead in the AFC North.

This logic should help me cope with tonight lost.
Chilo Rachal.
OL. That is it.

Alex Smith blew it. He blew his chances, which in fact, he had so many chances at taking control. Alex Smith does not know how to read some complex defenses. He is very ordinary in seeing what the defense is doing. For example, his end of half throw to Braylon, everyone knew this was where he was going and he still couldnt get it there. He looks like he is playing scared.

Alex missed so many receivers today. He missed hot routes to vernon early. He was inaccurate to his playmakers early on too. Alex totally blew this game on his own because he couldve dictated the game with his decisions, but didnt take advantage--except for the one deep throw to make a play with Ginn. He did it once, but why not throw receivers open more.

Our receivers are good. They are getting open constantly. Crabs was open in deep middle. Delanie got behind Reed. Vernon couldve had big gains from hot routes up the middle.
I dont see a big deal to address with the receivers.

Our oline was bad tonight, but alex had chances to adjust and he did not othar than with his feet.

I seen a defense that did not dictate anything. Their running game dictated the play
That logic is flawed beyond belief.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
OL. That is it.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
OL. That is it.

90% but I'd throw 10% to our wr's
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Nov 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone