There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh rejects the 1 game at a time approach?

While the first-year coach surely doesn't want the 49ers overlooking the struggling Redskins, he doesn't seem shy about discussing the future, which may include the possibility of clinching a division title before the end of November

"Generally, it's just a philosophy of life, of how we approach things as a team," Harbaugh said. "There's the one philosophy that is yesterday's a mystery, tomorrow's a mystery, we live for the present, it's a gift, that kind of thing. That's not us. We reject that.

"We live for the future. To make tomorrow better. To make this Sunday better. Everything we can do today so that we can have a better future."

It's towards the end of this preview...

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=311106028&action=preview
[ Edited by gamechanger on Nov 5, 2011 at 6:47 AM ]
It's true. You have to set smaller goals to reach bigger goals, so than you can accomplish your ultimate goal. But you can't just focus on your ultimate goal because than you lose focus on the little things that will help get you there. You must continue to build a strong foundation. That is the only way to reach the top. That is real life, day in and day out.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Nov 5, 2011 at 5:40 PM ]
harbaugh said the quote wrong...it's "yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery.."
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
harbaugh said the quote wrong...it's "yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery.."

I think whoever originally coined the phrase is wrong...

The almighty HARBAUGH has spoken! He can do no wrong!!
Well he did say he rejects that theory. i wouldn't be able to quote word for word a theory i reject.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

I think whoever originally coined the phrase is wrong...

The almighty HARBAUGH has spoken! He can do no wrong!!

true true
He's clearly a family man, because I'm almost certain he got it from watching this movie with his kids..

EL Spam-O.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Nov 6, 2011 at 7:06 AM ]

He is quoting Chance Gardner.