There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Technically, isn't 19.5 sacks, 20?
Originally posted by tankle104:
ill be honest.. when this thread was first made i thought to myself

"jeez these guys overreact about so much! no way he will get 20 sacks! if anything he might get 11-13 because of the extended playing time"

i love being wrong about these kind of things =]

I seriously could not understand how anyone thought his sack numbers would DROP with more playing time.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

"jeez these guys overreact about so much! no way he will get 20 sacks! if anything he might get 11-13 because of the extended playing time"

I seriously could not understand how anyone thought his sack numbers would DROP with more playing time.

I thought it wasn't that his play would drop, but that other guys would get more sacks as they start to double Smith.

I was wrong
I am hoping hes able to get the record against Tom Brady
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I thought it wasn't that his play would drop, but that other guys would get more sacks as they start to double Smith.

I was wrong

It's hard to double and triple Justin Smith while also doubling Aldon Smith.

Happy to eat crow on this one too! I felt like getting more time, he'd drop off a little but become a better overall WILL. Thought he'd be more fatigued, it would be harder to set OT's up, he'd get more double teams, be more focused on setting the edge, hesitant and drop in coverage more, etc. And for a while there, it seemed like it...then since prime time, he's been on a tear. Way to go Aldon!!!
Originally posted by FL9er:
Technically, isn't 19.5 sacks, 20?

what the f**k
Whats amazing, if it wasnt for penalties in early season games, a hold, and not being able to hold on while going for the strip in this last game, he would have already shattered the record.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
He could be, but he won't, because his dedication to the game is crap. If that dude had worked out like a horse all season rather than host filmed parties at his mansion in the hills, he'd be the scariest player in the NFL right now.

But he didn't. And what we have is a second year, above average, pass rusher. I am disappoint.

Well now this is quite a gem of knowledge.
I would say probably.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Didn't Jared Allen have 22 Sacks?

Yes, He had 22 in 2011.

That was, I believe, after MD made the list.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM ]
Yes.
Originally posted by buck:
Didn't Jared Allen have 22 Sacks?

Yes, He had 22 in 2011.

That was, I believe, after MD made the list.

Ah yes, that makes sense.
No sacks for J.J. Watt tonight. Still 3 behind.
Hello fellow faithful. After a two year ban and lurking,I am back thanks to the mods. I wanted to revisit this thread I started because I gotta say that this guy turned out to be the real deal. He was 1/2 sack away from 20 and if justin smith doesn't get hurt, he probably breaks the record.

I hope he comes back from rehab a better man because we need him. IMO he is the best defensive player in the NFL. It will be a tragedy if he ruins his career because of off the field problems. I still don't think he has even reached his full potential yet. Thats a scary thought for NFL offenses.

Good to be back fellas!
[ Edited by QBguru on Oct 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]