There are 171 users in the forums

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Aldon will end up with 22.5 sacks! Book it

Is he sitting out the next two games? Lol.
Hopefully at least 23 so breaks the record.
I think he'll break it week 17 when we play the Cards at home.

I'm not sure he'll get to Brady next week and Wilson is pretty slippery. I'd guess he'll get 1 or 2 over the next 2 weeks and 2 or 3 week 17.

I think he'll end up with 24.
I can't wait for him to break that farce of a record gap toofed Michael Thtwahan has. Ain't nobody laying down for Aldon's record..
Pretty positive
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Only 20? Skeptic!! Ban him!!! 500 sacks!!!!

For the record, it has only happened 7 times in the history of the NFL (and only one person under 26 has accomplished this feat), so......no

Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active Sk Year Teams
1. Michael Strahan (30) 22.5 2001 NYG
2. Mark Gastineau (28) 22.0 1984 NYJ
3. Chris Doleman (28) 21.0 1989 MIN
Reggie White+ (26) 21.0 1987 PHI
5. Lawrence Taylor+ (27) 20.5 1986 NYG
6. Derrick Thomas+ (23) 20.0 1990 KAN
DeMarcus Ware (26) 20.0 2008 DAL

Shouldn't posters do a bit of research before asking questions like, "Will Frank Gore run for 2500 yards this year? or "Will Justin Smith make 200 tackes this seaon?"

LMFAO
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kush:

For the record, it has only happened 7 times in the history of the NFL (and only one person under 26 has accomplished this feat), so......no

Shouldn't posters do a bit of research before asking questions like, "Will Frank Gore run for 2500 yards this year? or "Will Justin Smith make 200 tackes this seaon?"

LMFAO

funniest s**t ive read in a long time
To answer the OP, I would have to say probably yeah I think he can be a 20 sack guy
Ty Chicago Bears

Ty mnf

Ty in advance to the cardinals for the 3+ sacks they're gonna give up at the end of the season.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by kush:

LMFAO

funniest s**t ive read in a long time

Didn't Jared Allen have 22 Sacks?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Technically, isn't 19.5 sacks, 20?

Originally posted by tankle104:
ill be honest.. when this thread was first made i thought to myself

"jeez these guys overreact about so much! no way he will get 20 sacks! if anything he might get 11-13 because of the extended playing time"

i love being wrong about these kind of things =]

I seriously could not understand how anyone thought his sack numbers would DROP with more playing time.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

"jeez these guys overreact about so much! no way he will get 20 sacks! if anything he might get 11-13 because of the extended playing time"

I seriously could not understand how anyone thought his sack numbers would DROP with more playing time.

I thought it wasn't that his play would drop, but that other guys would get more sacks as they start to double Smith.

I was wrong
I am hoping hes able to get the record against Tom Brady
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I thought it wasn't that his play would drop, but that other guys would get more sacks as they start to double Smith.

I was wrong

It's hard to double and triple Justin Smith while also doubling Aldon Smith.

Happy to eat crow on this one too! I felt like getting more time, he'd drop off a little but become a better overall WILL. Thought he'd be more fatigued, it would be harder to set OT's up, he'd get more double teams, be more focused on setting the edge, hesitant and drop in coverage more, etc. And for a while there, it seemed like it...then since prime time, he's been on a tear. Way to go Aldon!!!
Share 49ersWebzone