LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I love Aldon, not trying to discredit him. Just trying to temper expectations for those that get too easily excited.

Looking at it again, it seems like he had a super game regardless of the poor OL.

End of the day, if this kick starts a violent sack streak, that's all that matters.

Aldon has done well against a lot of teams over the last 2 seasons. There is no need to temper anyone's expectations. And for anyone thinking he only gets sacks because of Justin, just know that he gets sacks lined up on the opposite end of Justin as well. Aldon is legit.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Huh...he needs 5 sacks in 6 games. We still get to play the Cardinals. He will get 5 in that game alone.

Yeah, but no doubt the man will be double teamed. Its going to be interesting how the rest of the season plays out for Aldon.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Huh...he needs 5 sacks in 6 games. We still get to play the Cardinals. He will get 5 in that game alone.

Yeah, but no doubt the man will be double teamed. Its going to be interesting how the rest of the season plays out for Aldon.

You can't double team Aldon. They already double team Justin. Bringing in 2 blockers for Aldon means 4 players committed to the same side. Which leaves a 5 on 2 on the other side.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by ninersoul:

You can't double team Aldon. They already double team Justin. Bringing in 2 blockers for Aldon means 4 players committed to the same side. Which leaves a 5 on 2 on the other side.

That would be great if that would happen. Four blockers on the left side of the line and basically a free lane to the qb on the right. That would be great lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
It would be helpful to get a sack or two today against the Saints.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

If he gets 2 today against one of the least sacked QBs in the league then I think he is a lock to get 20+ and threaten the record. We still have games against the Rams again, the dolphins, cardinals. those games alone look like multi-sack games for him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by buck:

If he gets 2 today against one of the least sacked QBs in the league then I think he is a lock to get 20+ and threaten the record. We still have games against the Rams again, the dolphins, cardinals. those games alone look like multi-sack games for him.

Yup, exactly what I was thinking.

He won't get two today but I imagine he'll get to catch up on St. L and Miami. He's at 15.5 for the year right?
16.0!
BEAST!!! ONE MORE!!!

Only 1.5 today. He sucks. Why did we draft him?
guy sucks dick.
Originally posted by Ninersince88:
He won't get two today but I imagine he'll get to catch up on St. L and Miami. He's at 15.5 for the year right?

Well... I was almost wrong. We manhandled the Saint's O line in the second half. Btw, did anyone hear the announcers say that Aldon is half a sack away from the 2 year record for 2nd year players? Ahead of Thomas and just behind White.
[ Edited by Ninersince88 on Nov 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM ]
Its virtually guaranteed. We play The Dolphins and the Rams that's all he needs. Plus we got 3 more games. He's gonna obliterate the record
I think. Go Aldon!! And don't drink no mo' alcohol ya hear!
We still have the cardinals to go against
[ Edited by gold49digger on Nov 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone