LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think that Aldon Smith can be a 20 sack Guy.?

Originally posted by mayo49:
Prediction, Aldon get's 24 sacks this year. Book it.

Booked it :)
We are 7-2-1. Aldon has 15 sacks. You do the math. Did I expect him to lite up the Bears? No way, which makes it just a bit more impressive. Also, due note should be taken of Justin who gets credit for setting up half of those sacks, if not more. Do not forget Justin's double team every play.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We are 7-2-1. Aldon has 15 sacks. You do the math. Did I expect him to lite up the Bears? No way, which makes it just a bit more impressive. Also, due note should be taken of Justin who gets credit for setting up half of those sacks, if not more. Do not forget Justin's double team every play.

Yeah i thought he could do it if he had a big game vs. the Bears and Cardinals.

Tho teams notorious for allowing sacks. One down, one more to go, but assuming he is steady in the rest of the games.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Prediction, Aldon get's 24 sacks this year. Book it.

That's not really a bold prediction now, is it?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Only 20? Skeptic!! Ban him!!! 500 sacks!!!!

For the record, it has only happened 7 times in the history of the NFL (and only one person under 26 has accomplished this feat), so......no

Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active Sk Year Teams
1. Michael Strahan (30) 22.5 2001 NYG
2. Mark Gastineau (28) 22.0 1984 NYJ
3. Chris Doleman (28) 21.0 1989 MIN
Reggie White+ (26) 21.0 1987 PHI
5. Lawrence Taylor+ (27) 20.5 1986 NYG
6. Derrick Thomas+ (23) 20.0 1990 KAN
DeMarcus Ware (26) 20.0 2008 DAL

Shouldn't posters do a bit of research before asking questions like, "Will Frank Gore run for 2500 yards this year? or "Will Justin Smith make 200 tackes this seaon?"
I don't want to take anything away from Aldon who played great.

But the Bears OL has been known to be shaky and subpar, making our OL issues this year seem completely non existent.Couple that with Campbell playing from behind and it was bound to get ugly.

At the same time, Clay had 3.5 sacks against he Bears this year? Aldon with 5.5 (most in a game since 2007) deserves respect.

If Aldon had 2-3 sacks against a good team in a dogfight, that would be amazing.
He will be 17+ by the end of the week.
He was REALLY helped by the bears. Worst line in football. His last sack, when we got the safety, we only rushed 3 guys, and all three got to the QB. His confidence should be through the roof now.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I don't want to take anything away from Aldon who played great.

But the Bears OL has been known to be shaky and subpar, making our OL issues this year seem completely non existent.Couple that with Campbell playing from behind and it was bound to get ugly.

At the same time, Clay had 3.5 sacks against he Bears this year? Aldon with 5.5 (most in a game since 2007) deserves respect.

If Aldon had 2-3 sacks against a good team in a dogfight, that would be amazing.

These kinds of posts really bother me.

"I dont want to take anything away from Aldon.......... but I will"

Mike Tyse said Aldon got 3 sacks on three step drop passing plays. Sure there Oline is shakey, but why hasn't anyone else put up 5.5 sacks on them? Matthew the great (not really) only had 3. So please dont discredit this man. Every player that has ever broke a record got a chance to pad his stats against a few scrub teams in the season.
well it's easy to rack up the sacks when Justin Smith is holding and getting away with murder....

Von miller and aldon smith are racing to the sack record. 2 second year guys doing this. It should be a bigger story!
Looks more like a 23 sack guy.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Mike Tyse said Aldon got 3 sacks on three step drop passing plays. Sure there Oline is shakey, but why hasn't anyone else put up 5.5 sacks on them? Matthew the great (not really) only had 3. So please dont discredit this man. Every player that has ever broke a record got a chance to pad his stats against a few scrub teams in the season.

I love Aldon, not trying to discredit him. Just trying to temper expectations for those that get too easily excited.

Looking at it again, it seems like he had a super game regardless of the poor OL.

End of the day, if this kick starts a violent sack streak, that's all that matters.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I love Aldon, not trying to discredit him. Just trying to temper expectations for those that get too easily excited.

Looking at it again, it seems like he had a super game regardless of the poor OL.

End of the day, if this kick starts a violent sack streak, that's all that matters.

All good, breh breh. Hope my post didn't come off personal, because it wasn't.
Share 49ersWebzone