LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Roman's offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Had this idea in the offseason that the Harbaugh offense might actually be more of Roman's. And if the players picked it up well, credits should go to Roman for implementing it. Harbaugh confirmed it.

"No. [Offensive Coordinator] Greg Roman is an innovative play caller. This is a Greg Roman offense. A lot of times people say ‘Jim Harbaugh offense' or something. We contribute. Myself, [Wide Receivers Coach] Johnnie Morton, [Quarterbacks Coach] Geep Chryst, [Offensive Line Coach] Mike Solari, [Offensive Line Coach] Tim Drevno, [Tight Ends Coach] Reggie Davis, we were contributors but Greg is the majority of this offense as the play caller and the schematics. That's the way it's been this year and that's the way it's been the last couple of years when we were back at Stanford, too. The greatest share is Greg Roman."

Kudos to Jim Harbaugh for giving credit to Roman. He's doing an awesome job with our guys on the offense.
WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Damn it. Now the Dolphins are going to offer him a HC job or something.
Originally posted by GEEK:

that's exactly what i thought. harbs better shut his mouth!!!!
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Yeah.. Then they get the Sucks for Luck sweepstakes with Roman
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

f**k the dolphins!!!

f**k the dolphins!!!

Big props to JH for saying this, it takes balls to give credit like that.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

Thats going to hurt the offense.....AGAIN.....if we lose roman. I really hope that this team stays intact with some consistency the next couple of years.

Had this idea in the offseason that the Harbaugh offense might actually be more of Roman's. And if the players picked it up well, credits should go to Roman for implementing it. Harbaugh confirmed it.

"No. [Offensive Coordinator] Greg Roman is an innovative play caller. This is a Greg Roman offense. A lot of times people say ‘Jim Harbaugh offense' or something. We contribute. Myself, [Wide Receivers Coach] Johnnie Morton, [Quarterbacks Coach] Geep Chryst, [Offensive Line Coach] Mike Solari, [Offensive Line Coach] Tim Drevno, [Tight Ends Coach] Reggie Davis, we were contributors but Greg is the majority of this offense as the play caller and the schematics. That's the way it's been this year and that's the way it's been the last couple of years when we were back at Stanford, too. The greatest share is Greg Roman."

Kudos to Jim Harbaugh for giving credit to Roman. He's doing an awesome job with our guys on the offense.

Agree. Great job by Harbaugh
Don't get me wrong, it would suck if we lost Roman to a head coaching gig somewhere else given all of our turnover at OC the last decade. But being a victim of our own success is a nice problem to have when compared to hiring rejects that no one else in the league would want.
I think Roman and Fangio seem content with Harbaugh and the niners. Hopefully money doesn't have a huge sway on things
Roman is the man. I just don't want us to talk about him or Fangio that much, because it will give fools with money like Dan Snyder ideas, to steal them away.
Not to worry Roman and Harbaugh, Balkke, and the whole coaching staff will be here next year and beyond. Unless the owners get really incredibly stupid.
Share 49ersWebzone