There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A little nervous...

Now, I've been one of the biggest braggers about this team (if proof wanted, come up to Seattle, where I'm the only person who's wearing 49er gear 5 out of 7 days a week, even before the season ), but I have a bad feeling about this month of November. Here's our schedule:

Nov. 6 @Wash: Not as worried, but the signing of Tashard Choice does worry me. Wash's defense is good, but if they find a way to establish a run game it could be a little close for comfort for my liking. As long as we keep our composure I think we will be fine.

Nov. 13 vs Giants: This is a tricky game in my mind. Sure, we're @ home and the Giants run offense is lacking, but their ability to spread the ball around makes me very nervous. With the emergence of Cruz and the improving health of Nicks/Manningham, our secondary will have it's hands full since their OL is pretty good. Also, their 8-man rotation @ DL is stronger than Detroits was, though our run game should be able to get through (if Reggie can get 100yds, what about our RBs?). It'll be hard-fought and can see either team winning.

Nov. 20 vs Ari: can you say TRAP GAME?!?!?!?!?!...we have a huge game in Baltimore four days later and it'll be safe to assume the Cards will have been winless up to this point. With nothing to lose, our team better not be looking down the road as they would like nothing better than to beat us @ home. They have the ability to, but our talent stacks up well against their weaknesses. Will be a hard-fought 1st half, but our 2nd half will be dictated by how much we keep them in the game.

Nov. 24 @ Balt: Emotions will be flying with the "Harbaugh Bowl", which if both teams records stay intact, will be more publicized than the Lions/Packers game. Not only bragging rights, but ability for each team to say they are contenders will be on the line as they face off. Will be a brutally fought game and will end on a costly turnover within the opponents redzone for a 4-point victory

After that, just the game @ Seattle worries me (Steelers @ home Monday night for a short week to the loudest stadium in the league...yeah, don't see anything easy about that), but I know our team has the skill, will, and coaching to strive beyond all of this and succeed. So, I ask all of you, who's got it better than us?

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM ]
I ain't even nervous.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I am not saying playoffs until we officially win the division, anything can happen
Originally posted by verb1der:
I ain't even nervous.

the only person that should be worried about the 'skins signing Tashard Choice is Tashard Choice. Dude is about to go from the waiver wire to Injured Reserve.
I ain't even nervous.

I feel the same about that first ARI game. I think we go into that game with a basic plan and could lose. Only 4 days to prepare for BAL will haave us preparing for them a little during ARI week.
no such thing as trap game
[ Edited by rxrunner on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I ain't even nervous.

Okay, it's official, you have made my week!!!
Originally posted by rxrunner:
no such thing as trap game

my guess is that you haven't watched The crying game.
why does the choice signing scare you? i don't get it
Harbaugh doesn't know the meaning of "trap game". If you want proof just read that Lombardi interview when he recalls the moment he realized Harbaugh was going to be a head coach.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I ain't even nervous.

it's just a different feeling this year. I feel confident that we will win the division and make the playoffs. JH won't let this team relax and even if there is a hiccup and we lose a couple of games, we WILL be prepared for the playoffs.
ain't nervous lol.

fixed

[ Edited by Slash49 on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM ]