There are 198 users in the forums

Is Harbaugh the best coach we've had since Seifert?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Harbaugh the best coach we've had since Seifert?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Seifert sucked.
Too early to vote but I keep thinking about the fact that these new coaches only met these players for the first time in July!!!
Originally posted by Chief:
Seifert sucked.

Ya know I have been a Niner fan since 79 and followed this site an kept my mouth shut for along time. I know this will turn into a stupid argument to which ther is only one out come. But this makes me sick and disgusted with somenof our fans! George was amazing for us every second he worked for the Niners and even a huge fan before his employment! He was walshes constant and only lasting right hand man during Bills work here and only has one less ring! Ther is to much to say here but I will not leave without saying anyone who thinks Siefert sucked or wasn't out last great coach is a complete and utter loser and not a niner fan but someone who has no grip on reality at all!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TimeBandit:
Seifert sucked.

Ya know I have been a Niner fan since 79 and followed this site an kept my mouth shut for along time. I know this will turn into a stupid argument to which ther is only one out come. But this makes me sick and disgusted with somenof our fans! George was amazing for us every second he worked for the Niners and even a huge fan before his employment! He was walshes constant and only lasting right hand man during Bills work here and only has one less ring! Ther is to much to say here but I will not leave without saying anyone who thinks Siefert sucked or wasn't out last great coach is a complete and utter loser and not a niner fan but someone who has no grip on reality at all!!

I am glad my joke made you sit and upset. lol
  • dj43
Originally posted by thedude:
Too soon to tell, but could be the best coach we've had since Walsh. I know I'll get lit up for this, but I was never a huge Siefert fan and felt he was mostly the recipient of Walsh's hand-me-downs and very aggressive free agent signings. I really liked Mariucci but think Harbaugh does have the ability to surpass him.

Seifert was very good. Walsh called him one of the best defensive minds he had ever seen.

Perhaps Seifert's greatest strength (and one Nolan/Singletary lacked) was the ability and the will to turn over the offense to guys like Shanahan and stay out of their way. Still, like Steve Young, he will never get his just here due because he followed a legend who turned around a bumbling franchise. Walsh followed a couple of total incompetents named McCulley and Meyer where Seifert followed Walsh. Seifert was a very good caretaker and was smart enough to not mess with the winning formula.

Harbaugh is more in the position of Walsh and will likely get crazy support in this thread because of the contrast between him and Nolan/Sing. I have no problem with that as I see Harbaugh making many good decisions, not only in game planning and play calling, but in recognition of talent. Does that make him better than Seifert? I don't know. It is too soon to tell...and I don't really care as long as the team continues to improve.
Seifert sucked.

Ah you got me all fired up lol:-) no worries I thought you were serious!
I never thought Mooch was going to take us to the promise land, and the way he lacked a killer instinct, used to drive me crazy at times. From watching Harbaugh coach over the years, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a better coach.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Seifert sucked.

Ah you got me all fired up lol:-) no worries I thought you were serious!

Nope, he was handed a force with Walsh but he did a pretty damn good job maintaining it. Plus his years as DB coach and Def Cord were very impressive.

If I'm not mistaken he was with the 49ers at some level for every Superbowl win.
I was less excited about Harbaugh than most people here were, simply because I wanted him to actually prove something in the NFL first. Holy crap is this guy good. There are several plays every game where I think "we got the best of their DC on that play." He's using Alex perfectly, and finding new and creative ways to run the football. He's already one of the best coaches in the game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We are watching one of the best single season coaching performances in NFL history.

• Lifer
  • Veteran
Best since Walsh.
A wet rug is better than Seifert.

If Harbaugh keeps this up, he'll be the best coach since Bill Walsh.

Seifert didn't have to turn around a culture of losing like Harbaugh has. This puts him into the Walsh conversation in my opinion. Plus, Seifert just ran the Walsh WCO. He didn't change anything. He also didn't bring anything new to the table. We were lucky to win that final Super Bowl, and it's only after Eddie D. violated the salary cap in a big way to bolster the defense with free agent signings that we did win.

Seifert's true colors as a coach were exposed when he went to Carolina and took an average team and ran it straight into the ground.

It's way too early to proclaim Harbaugh as the second coming of Walsh. But he is opening some eyes around the league.
I think Mooch was a very good coach. Harbaugh certainly has the potential to out do him. I reserve my judgement until he get's a better post season record and consistency than mooch
At this point he is the best coach since Walsh. Seifert and Mooch eh I guess they were okay.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thedude:
Too soon to tell, but could be the best coach we've had since Walsh. I know I'll get lit up for this, but I was never a huge Siefert fan and felt he was mostly the recipient of Walsh's hand-me-downs and very aggressive free agent signings. I really liked Mariucci but think Harbaugh does have the ability to surpass him.

Exactly what i was going to write down
Share 49ersWebzone