There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did you know?

In 1998 Terrell Davis of the Denver Broncos tied the Super Bowl single-game scoring record when he became the fourth player to score 18 points from 3 TDs. Amazingly, all of those other three were 49ers.

Along with Terrell Davis of the Broncos, Rice, Watters (1995) and Craig (1985) have each scored 18 points in a single game. Jerry Rice has actually done it twice (1990 and 1995 - Superbowl XXIV and XXIX).
Originally posted by RayWersching:
In 1998 Terrell Davis of the Denver Broncos tied the Super Bowl single-game scoring record when he became the fourth player to score 18 points from 3 TDs. Amazingly, all of those other three were 49ers.

Along with Terrell Davis of the Broncos, Rice, Watters (1995) and Craig (1985) have each scored 18 points in a single game. Jerry Rice has actually done it twice (1990 and 1995 - Superbowl XXIV and XXIX).

Whats more impressive is that td did this in like 3 quarters n sat out a quarter wit severe migraine
My friends' mom has 6 SB rings. 5 with 49ers and 1 with the rams. Front office
Originally posted by RayWersching:
Although playing in four Super Bowls and attempting 122 passes, Montana was never intercepted. Of those 122 attempts, he completed 83 passes - that's 68%!

This was gonna be my post. One of my favorite stats.
These are my fav facts

1: The San Francisco 49ers were part of the All-American Football Conference, a rival league of the NFL, and after it disbanded following the 1949 season the 49ers became one of three teams (along with the Baltimore Colts and the Cleveland Browns) from the AAFC to join the NFL.

2: During his senior year of high school Joe Montana was offered full ride scholarships from North Carolina State University as well as the University of North Carolina… to play basketball.

3: The player credited with being the first "west coast offense quarterback" is former 49ers quarterback Steve Deberg.

4: At the beginning of Joe Montana's freshman year at Notre Dame he was the seventh string quarterback.

5: Bill Walsh's first coaching job in professional football was as the Oakland Raiders running backs coach in 1966.

6: n 1984, the San Francisco 49ers became the first team to finish the regular season with 15 victories.

7: In 1979, the 49ers worked out and were impressed by little known Morehead State quarterback Phil Simms. It was Bill Walsh's intention to use their 3rd round pick on Simms, when the New York Giants took Simms in the first round the 49ers had to go to their backup plan and selected Joe Montana.

8: During the strike shortened 1982 season, the 49ers went 0-5 at home and 3-1 on the road. This was the first, and so far only, season a team went winless at home and was above .500 on the road.

9: Few people remember that when the 49ers won Super Bowl XXIII, they had started the season with a record of 6-5.
Fact: Niner's will kick your azz !
Every time we have won a Superbowl we have had a Notre Dame player starting on the roster.....what are we currently missing?
[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Every time we have won a Superbowl we have had a Notre Dame player starting on the roster.....what are we currently missing?

We got Ian Williams
Jeremy Newberry owns a time share at villa del arco in los cabos mexico::
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

We got Ian Williams

not a starter

That has more to do with Notre Dame sucking hard of late than anything else.

Montana was a domer for the first 4 and Watters was in the 5th. Also of course, BY.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM ]
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
John Brodie's #12 jersey has been retired by the 49ers, although it was worn during the 2006 and 2007 seasons by Trent Dilfer who is Brodie's son-in-law

I did NOT know neither that Brodie's number was retired or that Dilfer was his son-in-low. Good one!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

We got Ian Williams

not a starter

My bad i didn't see "starting" when i first read it. Lulz.
Per Pro Football Focus, out of 107 snaps, Culliver has been targeted 12 times, allowing 6 completions. ( per MM, 4 pass defensed, 1 int )

Rogers is 2nd rated CB this year, right behind Revis.

J. Smith, leads league in combined sacks, hurries, and pressures, with 36. He is also their highest rated defensive player in the NFL!

49ers defense leads leaugue with just 17 missed tackles.

P.S. All stats are through Week 6. Niners!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Steve Young is the great-great-great-grandson of Brigham Young

And probably 1,000s of other people due to a very "big" family tree;)