There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did you know?

Although playing in four Super Bowls and attempting 122 passes, Montana was never intercepted. Of those 122 attempts, he completed 83 passes - that's 68%!
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
John Brodie's #12 jersey has been retired by the 49ers, although it was worn during the 2006 and 2007 seasons by Trent Dilfer who is Brodie's son-in-law

I knew Chris Chandler was his son-in-law. I didn't know Dilfer was.
Dave Baker shares the record for most interceptions in a single game (4)which he accomplished in 1960. He shares this record with 17 other players.
Ronnie Lott was given all-pro honors for three different positions? - cornerback, strong safety, free safety.
Steve Young is the great-great-great-grandson of Brigham Young
Originally posted by pelos21:
How many wins do we have as a franchise? I bring this up because with the Packs last win, it was their 700th. Just wanted to know where we were at.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/ has us at:
Regular Season Record (all-time) : 514-421-15
Playoff Record (all-time) : 26-18 (Last appearance after 2002 season)
Super Bowls Won: 5 out of 5 appearances
Frankie Albert was the first quarterback for the Niners in the NFL
In 1985 Ronnie Lott required surgery that would make him miss the playoff, but because he cares more about winning than taking care of his body, he just amputated the tip of the finger and he was good to go.
Jeff Garcia holds the team record for passing yards in a season with 4,278 yds in 2000.
Former Niner adminstrator (he was the one who was always standing with Seifert on the sidelines in the early to mid-nineties) and successful coach at Hillsdale High School in San Mateo (I played for him) Neal Dahlen has seven Super Bowl Rings (5 with Niners and 2 with Broncos) which is more than anybody else.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
Originally posted by VaNiner540:
That Jeff Garcia has the best all-time qb rating for the 49ers

I did not know that!

Jeff Garcia is the only 49er QB in history to throw for 30 TD's in back to back seasons. Garcia to Owens = BALLIN'
Originally posted by RayWersching:
Although playing in four Super Bowls and attempting 122 passes, Montana was never intercepted. Of those 122 attempts, he completed 83 passes - that's 68%!

...and Steve Young didn't throw one either....so In 5 SuperBowls, 49ers QBs have combined for 17 TDs and 0 INTs
The Niner's outstanding nose-tackle of the mid-80s and early-90s, Michael Carter won a won a silver medal in the shot put in the 1984 Olympics. He also broke the National High School record for the shot put in 1979 and nobody has come within four feet of it since.

He is the only man to win an Olympic medal and a Super Bowl ring in the same year. His daughter is the female National High School record holder in the shot.
[ Edited by BHulman on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:21 PM ]
Joe Montana had the highest passer rating in the NFC on five different occasions (1981, 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1989). In 1987 and 1989 Montana?s passer rating led the entire NFL.

Originally posted by BHulman:
Former Niner adminstrator (he was the one who was always standing with Seifert on the sidelines in the early to mid-nineties) and successful coach at Hillsdale High School in San Mateo (I played for him) Neal Dahlen has seven Super Bowl Rings (5 with Niners and 2 with Broncos) which is more than anybody else.

I went to Hillsdale also and Dick Vermeil also once coached there