There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

/yawn bye week (here's a funny podcast discussing the Lions game)

It's always more interesting to me listening to what the opposition has to say. These guys remind me of those Bears Deetka skits from SNL. Basically, everything was the Lions messing up. The 49ers had nothing to do with the Lions losing. Just so myopic. They're confused how the Lions could look so different this game than how they did against the Bears. Just. Wow.

Podcast
I'm about half way listening to it now and it's just as you described. The Niners don't get any credit, just complaining about the Lions screw ups. So far, didn't hear how the Niners run D shut down Best or passing D kept CJ out of endzone first time this season. No mention of our pass rush, either. I don't really expect it of them anyway, they thought the Niners were weak or lucky or whatever, but despite penalties, turnovers and dropped TDs, the better team still won!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'm about half way listening to it now and it's just as you described. The Niners don't get any credit, just complaining about the Lions screw ups. So far, didn't hear how the Niners run D shut down Best or passing D kept CJ out of endzone first time this season. No mention of our pass rush, either. I don't really expect it of them anyway, they thought the Niners were weak or lucky or whatever, but despite penalties, turnovers and dropped TDs, the better team still won!

lol right? it wasn't aldon smith wreckin' shop on their tackle. it was their o line just screwing up. it wasn't that devastating front 7. it was a bad run scheme on their part and bad o line play. they genuinely have no clue how stupid they sound.
these guys act like they know what theyre talking about, but theyre really just nobodies.

"the safety gave them 2 pts that came back to be a factor at the end of the game". um..., not really. we won by 6, and stuffed your offense repeatedly.

Stafford and Calvin were shut down. they dont seem to recognize this. keeping Calvin out of the endzone meant he didnt get it done.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by putangina:
It's always more interesting to me listening to what the opposition has to say. These guys remind me of those Bears Deetka skits from SNL. Basically, everything was the Lions messing up. The 49ers had nothing to do with the Lions losing. Just so myopic. They're confused how the Lions could look so different this game than how they did against the Bears. Just. Wow.

Podcast

who or what is a Deetka
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
these guys act like they know what theyre talking about, but theyre really just nobodies.

"the safety gave them 2 pts that came back to be a factor at the end of the game". um..., not really. we won by 6, and stuffed your offense repeatedly.

Stafford and Calvin were shut down. they dont seem to recognize this. keeping Calvin out of the endzone meant he didnt get it done.

"Take away those two big Gore runs and we win the game!"

lol football would be so nice if you can just take away or ignore the other team's big plays but somehow your big plays are untouchable. they became really agitated toward the end of the podcast talking about harbaugh. it's just hilarious to me fans of a team with suh who grabs QB's by the head and slams them to the ground after the play is over, whose coach calls another player a motherfvker and taunts another coach from across the field to "know the rules" are suddenly demanding of and are experts on class.
Originally posted by Jcool:
who or what is a Deetka

every now and then it's how chris farley would say ditka in those old "da bears" skits.
Lion's fans can be unbelievable. Most of them at that one forum were incredibly nice before the game, having good conversations and everything. Then once we won they were complete dicks. All of a sudden we had a s**tty team, we were going beyond our abilities to win and they werent even reaching for theirs, Harbaugh was an idiot buffoon who doesn't know the rules or how to coach, Anthony Davis is just a little b***h who hits people and talks smack but sucks.

Let's say all of that's true.

We still won.

Podcast

Today i learned what myopic meant. Thanks for broadening my understanding of the English language. Its a interesting word.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Lion's fans can be unbelievable. Most of them at that one forum were incredibly nice before the game, having good conversations and everything. Then once we won they were complete dicks. All of a sudden we had a s**tty team, we were going beyond our abilities to win and they werent even reaching for theirs, Harbaugh was an idiot buffoon who doesn't know the rules or how to coach, Anthony Davis is just a little b***h who hits people and talks smack but sucks.

Let's say all of that's true.

We still won.

Yeah man it was unbeleavable how before the gmae those lions forum fans were super nice and welcoming. I was even in their chat room during the whole game and they were still nice. bickering back and forth like normal fans, but still nice guys. Then as soon as the game was over, they turned into dicks. I got banned from the forum because after the game i was trying to discuss the game with them like we were before hand and they just werent having it. sore losers for sure,.
lol right? it wasn't aldon smith wreckin' shop on their tackle. it was their o line just screwing up. it wasn't that devastating front 7. it was a bad run scheme on their part and bad o line play. they genuinely have no clue how stupid they sound.

Whenever we lose, we say the same thing.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This lol
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This lol

homers? here? couldn't be. lol
ok so i listened to like 20 min. and just got sick of it.

Niners didn't do anything to win the game
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ok so i listened to like 20 min. and just got sick of it.

Niners didn't do anything to win the game

They're actually pretty dang knowledgeable when they don't have their Lion colored glasses on. Most of their PREVIEW of the game is spot on. Very honest and objective when watching the Niners against other teams. It's in their REVIEW after their Lions loss to the Niners that they go off the deep end.