LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Aldon Smith: Game Changer

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Marcell Dareus Was Hating Big Time On Aldon In This Video

Marcell Dareus #99 DE...3rd Pick Overal........15 Tckl, 1 Sack Aldon Smith #99 LB......7th Pick Overall.......11 Tckl, 5.5 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble

never understood dareus' hype.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM ]
He and Dareus were just having fun. Nothing serious.
Sapp has amazing feet for a man his size... even in retirement.
Smith could easily be the defensive star of his class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmN8wWC2WNc&feature=related

these guys are eating crow.....
[ Edited by Hitman49 on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:45 PM ]
Aldon has actually used the 5 step to the QB on most of his sacks.
Aldon, "I just love the game" I like that!!
I was a huge Dareus fan, but he hasnt shown up, not sure his snap count, but Aldon has clearly looked way better.

Not sure how much Buffalo blitzes either.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I was a huge Dareus fan, but he hasnt shown up, not sure his snap count, but Aldon has clearly looked way better.

Not sure how much Buffalo blitzes either.

We don't really blitz either because we haven't had to, we send the 4 man front the majority of the time too. But we can afford to do that because between justin and aldon someone's getting through for at least some pressure on that right side lol.

If I remember correctly dareus is actually mostly being used at NT, which unless you're Suh usually means fewer sacks and more tackles(stuffing the run). Definitely doesn't look like suh so far lol, but guys like him don't come along often.

I think it's interesting that both Aldon and Kaep were guys that played different sports in high school(basketball/baseball), maybe they figure that switching from one sport to another means that these guys are used to having to learn everything from scratch so they're willing to put the work in to get to the next level whereas some guys from college think they know it all and stick to bad habits. So they might have rawer talents but in the end it's the rarer athletic ability as well as a willingness to work(good character guys).
[ Edited by mike on Oct 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM ]

Next Charles Haley. He really is going to be a game changer.
Before the Cowboys game, much was made about how Smith looks up to Ware and how their physical tools are similar. That story has turned into a pretty good prediction since that week.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
You guys do realize that Dareus is playin' pretty well, right? I was watching the game against the Giants - and he was gettin' a lot of pressure and was gettin' double teamed.

Both Aldon and Dareus are going to be very good players. Of course, I'm super happy about having Aldon on my team...but Dareus is playing good. Aldon as a rookie playin' out of his mind.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Before the Cowboys game, much was made about how Smith looks up to Ware and how their physical tools are similar. That story has turned into a pretty good prediction since that week.

Actually, a lot of ppl compared him with Ware before the draft. His size and length of arms is eerie similar to Ware.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Oct 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Actually, a lot of ppl compared him with Ware before the draft. His size and length of arms is eerie similar to Ware.

Oh I didn't mean to suggest that was the first time the comparison had been suggested. But it's just funny how his play really turned up since that game.
Share 49ersWebzone