There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Move that sparked the turnaround for the Franchise

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
And I just have to add: LOL @ Singletary for not wanting to draft Willis.

Really? he had draft imput when he was just a LB's coach? That was one move McClueless and Nolan got right.
I do remember sing did not want to draft Crabtree either and wanted Oher. McClueless set him straight on that one too.

Yeah, here's the link. To be fair, he claims he changed his mind after "hearing his story". But that doesnt change the fact he can't judge talent.

"SINGLETARY: You know what, I didn't realize that he was special until I heard his story. I remember talking to Scot several times and I'm saying, ‘Scot, I don't see it. I mean, I'm looking at it, but he's not doing anything. He's not knocking anybody out… and we're talking about picking him with the 11th pick.

'But then I heard his story. I had a chance to sit down and look at his story. To me, it changed my whole mindset. Because I'm looking at a guy that had gone through a lot of things. He was injured. Didn't miss games. Had family issues. He was the oldest taking care of his younger siblings. Responsible for them. Lost his younger brother before the season started, right before the season started.


http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...gree-with-pat/
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
And Harbaugh, in 6 games with this team, has proven that Singletary should never be a HC, on the NFL level, ever again.

Disagree, I think what he would need to do as a coach is rely on his Cord to do there jobs and not butt in. He is a great motivator. When he was with the 49ers he called the shots with Offense Defense and ST something we all know he should have just let the Cords do their jobs!
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Oct 20, 2011 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Our new numbers 99 and 22 are placed in the top 10 in sacks and Int's. Our old 99 and 22 through 6 games haven't recorded a sack or an int.

THIS!

Where are all the Manny supporters now?! All of us on this board with a half a brain knew this guy stunk years ago.


As for Clements, he was decent for us for a few years but never anything spectacular. It was evident last year that he fell from mediocrity to sucky, jumping routes and making stupid plays to account for his lack of speed.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

God fellas, how great does this season feel so far? We were long overdue for this and much more. It's been a long, long wait. I've yet to come down from the high!

Lawson was the one player we lost that I wished we kept. Stunk in terms of QB sacks? Possibly since that's what he was drafted for. But anyone with "half a brain" knew he excelled in two things: 1) setting edge on outside running plays and 2) was excellent in pass coverage, both of those due to his speed and size.

I'm a little surprised that he doesn't have the INT/Sack stats to back it up in CIN. But if he stayed, I believe Fangio would've found a way to utilize him since we hardly blitz relying heavily on our DL for the pressure (which they've been doing a great job) and having more guys in coverage because of it. But in the end, Aldon Smith has been tearing it up, especially the past few weeks, so he's definitely the pass-rusher we've been looking for. He just needs to keep working on his coverage assignments and not drop any INTs that come his way.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Oct 20, 2011 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
THIS!

Where are all the Manny supporters now?! All of us on this board with a half a brain knew this guy stunk years ago.


As for Clements, he was decent for us for a few years but never anything spectacular. It was evident last year that he fell from mediocrity to sucky, jumping routes and making stupid plays to account for his lack of speed.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

God fellas, how great does this season feel so far? We were long overdue for this and much more. It's been a long, long wait. I've yet to come down from the high!
Stats Ive actually been watching Bengles games because i was curious to see how Lawson and Clements would do, yes they both dont have the stats but however, Lawson has done a good job in coverage and a decent job with some pressure and as for Clements for the first couple of games I hardly ever heard his name that's because hes done a great job in coverage. Also Ive noticed the Bengles don't have Clements playing 10 yards off the WR
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
And Harbaugh, in 6 games with this team, has proven that Singletary should never be a HC, on the NFL level, ever again.

Disagree, I think what he would need to do as a coach is rely on his Cord to do there jobs and not butt in. He is a great motivator. When he was with the 49ers he called the shots with Offense Defense and ST something we all know he should have just let the Cords do their jobs!

I can agree with that to a certain extent. Singletary just seems to be lacking basic coaching knowledge. (i.e. rules, game planning, adjustments). Ive admitted I was pumped when we promoted him. My enthusiasim faded quick when he proved, time and again, he lacked the fundamentals of being an NFL HC. I hope his stint with our team gave him enough humility to make the adjustments you mentioned.
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
And I just have to add: LOL @ Singletary for not wanting to draft Willis.

Really? he had draft imput when he was just a LB's coach? That was one move McClueless and Nolan got right.
I do remember sing did not want to draft Crabtree either and wanted Oher. McClueless set him straight on that one too.

Yeah, here's the link. To be fair, he claims he changed his mind after "hearing his story". But that doesnt change the fact he can't judge talent.

"SINGLETARY: You know what, I didn't realize that he was special until I heard his story. I remember talking to Scot several times and I'm saying, ‘Scot, I don't see it. I mean, I'm looking at it, but he's not doing anything. He's not knocking anybody out… and we're talking about picking him with the 11th pick.

'But then I heard his story. I had a chance to sit down and look at his story. To me, it changed my whole mindset. Because I'm looking at a guy that had gone through a lot of things. He was injured. Didn't miss games. Had family issues. He was the oldest taking care of his younger siblings. Responsible for them. Lost his younger brother before the season started, right before the season started.


http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...gree-with-pat/

Thanks, wow, Willis had all the tools, physical, mental, leadership. Sing is a fool, how could he miss that.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Stats Ive actually been watching Bengles games because i was curious to see how Lawson and Clements would do, yes they both dont have the stats but however, Lawson has done a good job in coverage and a decent job with some pressure and as for Clements for the first couple of games I hardly ever heard his name that's because hes done a great job in coverage. Also Ive noticed the Bengles don't have Clements playing 10 yards off the WR

I thought Clements was decent for us, especially against big receivers like the cards Fritz. It also shows that in order for him to be successful he needs to press and disrupt the wr at the line. How you use your corners is important. He would have done well in Fangio's scheme. He has a problem against quick shifty WR. So the way to beat him is to move your WR in motion.


Jim Harbaugh says
"turning point in the franchise huh?........well see ya later"
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
And I just have to add: LOL @ Singletary for not wanting to draft Willis.

Really? he had draft imput when he was just a LB's coach? That was one move McClueless and Nolan got right.
I do remember sing did not want to draft Crabtree either and wanted Oher. McClueless set him straight on that one too.

Yeah, here's the link. To be fair, he claims he changed his mind after "hearing his story". But that doesnt change the fact he can't judge talent.

"SINGLETARY: You know what, I didn't realize that he was special until I heard his story. I remember talking to Scot several times and I'm saying, ‘Scot, I don't see it. I mean, I'm looking at it, but he's not doing anything. He's not knocking anybody out… and we're talking about picking him with the 11th pick.

'But then I heard his story. I had a chance to sit down and look at his story. To me, it changed my whole mindset. Because I'm looking at a guy that had gone through a lot of things. He was injured. Didn't miss games. Had family issues. He was the oldest taking care of his younger siblings. Responsible for them. Lost his younger brother before the season started, right before the season started.


http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...gree-with-pat/

Thanks, wow, Willis had all the tools, physical, mental, leadership. Sing is a fool, how could he miss that.

Pretty sad huh? Add to the fact he pushed for and won the Taylor Mays pick. Ouch
Originally posted by Prospector:
Yeah agreed. Sing was unready and just lacking in the X's and O's department. He had no clue on offense, he was a Hall of Fame linebacker and a Linebacker coach, and a motivational speaker. In retrospect, pretty clearly that isn't going to cut it against even the cheating Josh McDaniels' of the world.

So we ended up with Jimmy Raye, a guy ten years retired who can't couldn't get the plays in and was apparently unfamiliar with common Internet sites. OMG the Ray-Gun office: run, run, pass, punt, it was like a 1950s horror movie.

Sing was passionate though and his heart was in the right place, if his pants always weren't.

Awesome......
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
And I just have to add: LOL @ Singletary for not wanting to draft Willis.

Really? he had draft imput when he was just a LB's coach? That was one move McClueless and Nolan got right.
I do remember sing did not want to draft Crabtree either and wanted Oher. McClueless set him straight on that one too.

Yeah, here's the link. To be fair, he claims he changed his mind after "hearing his story". But that doesnt change the fact he can't judge talent.

"SINGLETARY: You know what, I didn't realize that he was special until I heard his story. I remember talking to Scot several times and I'm saying, ‘Scot, I don't see it. I mean, I'm looking at it, but he's not doing anything. He's not knocking anybody out… and we're talking about picking him with the 11th pick.

'But then I heard his story. I had a chance to sit down and look at his story. To me, it changed my whole mindset. Because I'm looking at a guy that had gone through a lot of things. He was injured. Didn't miss games. Had family issues. He was the oldest taking care of his younger siblings. Responsible for them. Lost his younger brother before the season started, right before the season started.


http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...gree-with-pat/

Thanks, wow, Willis had all the tools, physical, mental, leadership. Sing is a fool, how could he miss that.

Pretty sad huh? Add to the fact he pushed for and won the Taylor Mays pick. Ouch

oh man, very sad. I remember there is that clip with him and Baalke during draft day "having a discussion" over the pick.
We have 3 things we didn't have the past years... A REAL HC, solid QB play, and a monster for a pass rusher

Oh and Nate Clements was a complete waste of money, Rogers is tearing it up at CB for A LOT less money