LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

now that we are 5-1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Nate Clements already said he left because he could make more money in CIN. Also, they are 4-2. Spikes is on a winning team and so is Manny.

They don't care.

Yeah, I don't think any of the FA that left are complaining much. Spikes, Lawson, Clements, Franklin, and even Baas are on winning teams.
They won't care, especially since they are also doing well. Only way they would regret is if the niners won the SB.
Michael Lewis might be a little pissed right now, but he got screwed by Singletary.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
*ahem*

I think you're also forgetting these FA contributors...

Alex Smith
Braylon Edwards
Jonathan Goodwin
Carlos Rogers
Donte Witner
Dashon Goldson

LOL i'm joking with crabman..., i was reffering to his post in the "Mike Sims-Walker" thread, where he said "each day its gettin funnier, every west team has done multiple moves, we sign akers haha".
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
WRs are like finely tuned athletes and like to be a big part of the team. They like playing for passing teams with good QBs. The Niners are not that. I doubt that an elite WR with other option would make this team their first choice. With the current QB.

Don't disagree but think if I were a confident WR the 9ers would be the first place I would head. They do not have a true #1 guy and they desperately need one. As for Smith not being good, I will reserve my judgement til the end of the year and see what Harbaugh can do with him over the course of time.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i will laugh if we make the playoffs and nate and takeo continue their streak of missing playoffs

screw nate, but not takeo man.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
WRs are like finely tuned athletes and like to be a big part of the team. They like playing for passing teams with good QBs. The Niners are not that. I doubt that an elite WR with other option would make this team their first choice. With the current QB.

Don't disagree but think if I were a confident WR the 9ers would be the first place I would head. They do not have a true #1 guy and they desperately need one. As for Smith not being good, I will reserve my judgement til the end of the year and see what Harbaugh can do with him over the course of time.

This. Alex will improve under Harbaugh. He is already playing well in my opinion. If our running game wasn't so amazing Alex would gave better stats.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Looking forward to 6-1 But seriously, I would have never would of imagined in my windest dreams we would be 5-1 at the bye. Harbaugh has this team WAY ahead of schedule & my only concern is that we'll see some tests ahead of this team.
True enough Nes49. But c'mon??!!!! The only place you would rather be than this at the bye is 6-0.
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
do you guys think all the players that decided to go to another team or did not wanted to be a 49ers during the FA regret their decision now? i mean these players had a chance to be enjoying the 5-1 record.

for example: nnamdi and the eagles are 2-4
burress and the jets are 3-3.

i cant remember who else left or didnt join during FA.

I doubt that. I heard Ted Robinson say the other day that the only FA the Niners really tried to keep was Clements, but he wouldn't redo his deal. So it sounds like Baalke didn't make a great effort on anyone else.

I will say that with the rise of the team and the outstanding PR that we're experiencing that we should do well recruiting FA's next off season and beyond.

Share 49ersWebzone