There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

now that we are 5-1

do you guys think all the players that decided to go to another team or did not wanted to be a 49ers during the FA regret their decision now? i mean these players had a chance to be enjoying the 5-1 record.

for example: nnamdi and the eagles are 2-4
burress and the jets are 3-3.

i cant remember who else left or didnt join during FA.
I dont think players really dwell on this stuff and maybe dont keep up with the standings outside their division as much as us fans do,
BUT what i do think, is that the Team will look alot more appealing to future Free Agents, and will attract Free Agents. People will want to play for a coach like Harbaugh especially when the team is winning.
i will laugh if we make the playoffs and nate and takeo continue their streak of missing playoffs
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I don't think they regret their decisions because they probably got paid a heck of a lot more playing for those other teams than the 49ers would have offered them
like another poster said these players don't dwell on things like this.
Shoot I guarantee Nnamdi has thought about it, he's the only one I would have cared about BUT he's not proving to be worth it. He may have been better for us in Man Coverage though...
Originally posted by crabman82:
i will laugh if we make the playoffs and nate and takeo continue their streak of missing playoffs

I hope TKO gets to go. He wanted to stay with us. It was our front office that decided to go in another direction. He's a heck of a player and deserves it.
we need to re-sign players now.
More likely in the off-season, when they have a chance to reflect. If I were a DB or WR free agent last year and disregarded the 9ers as a possibility I'd kick myself silly! Edwards had a connection with Harbaugh so he lucked out.
it could be us with a losing record if those players signed with us?
Originally posted by 52thegreat:

I hope TKO gets to go. He wanted to stay with us. It was our front office that decided to go in another direction. He's a heck of a player and deserves it.

ya he deserves it, i just think it will be kinda funny
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
More likely in the off-season, when they have a chance to reflect. If I were a DB or WR free agent last year and disregarded the 9ers as a possibility I'd kick myself silly! Edwards had a connection with Harbaugh so he lucked out.

WRs are like finely tuned athletes and like to be a big part of the team. They like playing for passing teams with good QBs. The Niners are not that. I doubt that an elite WR with other option would make this team their first choice. With the current QB.

Funny like how our division rivals were signing all these free agents, and we only signed Akers?
Nate Clements already said he left because he could make more money in CIN. Also, they are 4-2. Spikes is on a winning team and so is Manny.

They don't care.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Funny like how our division rivals were signing all these free agents, and we only signed Akers?

*ahem*

I think you're also forgetting these FA contributors...

Alex Smith
Braylon Edwards
Jonathan Goodwin
Carlos Rogers
Donte Witner
Dashon Goldson