There are 191 users in the forums

Was the Lions game Anthony Davis' Best performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by pagodagold:
well he did not punk out when suey (i think) pulled off his helmet he stood right up and got in sueys face that pumped me up a davis aint no punk and aint afraid of no one!

Those guys are some of the worst people I have ever worked for. Bunch of coked up jackasses that should be deported back to eastern Europe.
Absolutely! He finally steped up and had a very good game. Everyone is improving. If he starts to develop his potential; it will give us a few good options.
Like moving JStaley to RT, his natural position - he was an excellent RT and is now a good LT.
  • dj43
Davis has always had quick feet, particularly for a guy his size. That was one of the "pros" that all the draftniks cited about him. What he lacked last season was strength. It appears he has gained some strength now and is playing with more confidence as he learns the system and begins to trust in himself and his ability to control his opponent. These are all things that a young player, especially one as young as AD, have to work through. I expect the Detroit game was a big confidence builder for him. I don't expect him to be error-free every game but he is clearly a much better player now than last season.
Anthony Davis is coming along nicely . We need him to continue getting better if our passing game is going to improve.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
i remember last year he shut clay matthews down... he is utter unblockable now so i call that impressive.

but he did grow into a man sunday
I have to agree....Last year against Clay Mathews he was absolutely dominating...Pancaking Mathews @ss constantly...

When Davis went against Suh on the goaline he needed to keep his PAD level lower as he was a little too high and let Suh's leverage move him back away...Oh course Suh completely missed a lunging Frank Gore in the process Dumb @ss lol...

You cant knock Anthony Davis for his athleticism, quick feet, and willingness to maul his opponent until the whistle and THEN SOME...Didnt back down one bit from Suh and that is EXACTLY what you want your OL to be a GROUP OF ENFORCERS that is out to beat and punish the defense for being served RAW meat all week.
[ Edited by Ninerwinner on Oct 24, 2011 at 10:11 AM ]
He is still just a kid and immature. Anybody who has played any sport knows you don't trash talk or trash your opponent. It just throws gasoline onto the fire in them. Be very professional and low keyed then kick their a$$. Don't even let them see it coming. There is no need to gloat and strut because they will just play harder. Pound the hell out of them and walk away while they fold, throw in the towel, quit, run away like a dog with with his tail between his legs, go belly up, hide their face in shame, etc. Davis was laughing and acting like a jerk a lot in that game. Like like you have been there before not like some punk with 22 games under your belt. It won't be quite so easy if he gets a bad rep for being a gloater and not to mention ,if the 15yd flags start flying for taunting. Shut up and play football.
Anthony Davis played well vs TB and played with a lot of attitude and confidence vs DET.. Looking good this year so far
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
He is still just a kid and immature. Anybody who has played any sport knows you don't trash talk or trash your opponent. It just throws gasoline onto the fire in them. Be very professional and low keyed then kick their a$$. Don't even let them see it coming. There is no need to gloat and strut because they will just play harder. Pound the hell out of them and walk away while they fold, throw in the towel, quit, run away like a dog with with his tail between his legs, go belly up, hide their face in shame, etc. Davis was laughing and acting like a jerk a lot in that game. Like like you have been there before not like some punk with 22 games under your belt. It won't be quite so easy if he gets a bad rep for being a gloater and not to mention ,if the 15yd flags start flying for taunting. Shut up and play football.

There's a story on Suh and his gang talking sh*t when Matt Ryan was on the ground injured. Falcons players took exception to that. Anthony Davis has never acted like he did before last Sunday. Suh and the Lions gave him a good reason to. Anthony Davis does not have to take that. I would lose all respect for him as a man if he did. It's a 60 minute fight during the game. There's no turning the other cheek crap. After the game you can walk away. But during the game you let them have it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM ]
Don't forget it kind of started with suh's comments in the media earlier in the week. I don't want to see our guys go the way of Rex Ryan, but I'm not oppossed to see them answering the call when somebody like ack... The guys in the trenches especially. Let it be known we ain't no punks!!! But then simmer down and focus on the task at hand. Task at hand comes first. We ain't no punks comes second.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Those guys are some of the worst people I have ever worked for. Bunch of coked up jackasses that should be deported back to eastern Europe.

You worked for System of a Down?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM ]

I just needed to post my Man Crush on Davis. I'm rewatching the game and just giddy like a little girl about how nast this MOFO plays!!! He aint afraid of no one. e was just punishing some of the Lions D lineman on the ground. Straight up mean!
I know he delivered his best Twitter performance. I saw some nice plays on the field as well.
Anthony Davis may have talked a little trash, but Suh and the rest of the Lions seem to talk a lot of s**t. Especially since you hear all of the "talk" that went on with Atlanta. I guess we have to wait until NFL FILMS releases the game film to hear what was going on......that would be a good one.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Whomeam:
A Lion fan was talking about a play where Anthony Davis laid on top of a Lions player along with Snyder and then proceeded to punch the Lions player 4 or 5 times in the side. Anyone remember this? I sure as hell don't.

i am sure he deserved it
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
You worked for System of a Down?

Just long enough to figure out they sucked to work with.
Share 49ersWebzone