LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Was the Lions game Anthony Davis' Best performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It would have been a pretty good game in a favorable environment. Considering that it was in Detroit against a talented group makes it very impressive and very encouraging. If he keeps improving this year and then he gets the benefit of a full offseason program under team guidance (which he didn't have after his rookie year)he stands a good chance to pan out and play up to his draft status. In a perfect world he reaches his ceiling and he takes Staley's job.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 18, 2011 at 9:20 PM ]
I like the fire AD brings its a fresh of breathe air for the rather laid back unpassionate line
I think we can all breath a sigh of relief. It's clear at this point that we Anthony Davis is turning out to be a solid OT. This doesn't surprise me because Trent Baalke played a role in drafting him. In Baalke we trust.
The guy is only 21 with a world of talent, he could turn out pretty damn good. I was an idiot when I was 21 and look at me now!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Great game, needs to STFU with all that tweeting though.
well he did not punk out when suey (i think) pulled off his helmet he stood right up and got in sueys face that pumped me up a davis aint no punk and aint afraid of no one!
Originally posted by pagodagold:
well he did not punk out when suey (i think) pulled off his helmet he stood right up and got in sueys face that pumped me up a davis aint no punk and aint afraid of no one!

Originally posted by marshniners24:

His best game on the road so far in his career. He usually struggles on the road and plays decent in sf...ive always wished they would start boone or snyder over on the right side but he was playing NASTY on sunday big props
  • mike
  • Veteran
Lol everyone kinda counted him out this year and wanted some of the backups in his spot instead. I think it's becoming clear, and I said this last year too, that Rachal was the much bigger problem on the right side.Now that Davis doesn't have to try to make up for rachal's mistakes he's showing how dominant he can really be.

People were calling him a bust but come on we knew from the start that we were getting a youngster drafted at age 19 and of all the positions on the team the o-line is one of the ones that takes the longest to really bring the young guys up to speed.

In his first year big loud games like this made davis stand out as a penalty taker, I like the improvement I saw in this game. The only penalty he took was a pretty bad call where delanie motioned over which made a lion jump which then made davis jump, of course they call davis on that...

A Lion fan was talking about a play where Anthony Davis laid on top of a Lions player along with Snyder and then proceeded to punch the Lions player 4 or 5 times in the side. Anyone remember this? I sure as hell don't.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

• GORO
  • Veteran
He has played solid the last two games. If he plays consistent along with the rest of the OL then we will be all smiling on most sundays.
I was telling you all, Anthony Davis' performance would improve almost 70% with Adam Snyder along side him. -Chilo Rachal is a horrible/unpredictable guard, Snyder is a professional who communicates with the guy next to him, and stays disciplined to the scheme/play-calling (instead of bailing out when things go bad).
I think ALL of our guys on the O-Line did a great Job, they kept Alex clean the majority of the game
Share 49ersWebzone