There are 291 users in the forums

Was the Lions game Anthony Davis' Best performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He went against one of the best defensive tackles in the game and did a really good job. What do you guys think? I was pretty impressed and this is just the beginning.
i remember last year he shut clay matthews down... he is utter unblockable now so i call that impressive.

but he did grow into a man sunday
adam snyder was lined up on suh for most of the game
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Yes I believe its the first game he didnt "false start"
He doesn't play against the DT's.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
adam snyder was lined up on suh for most of the game

But that's not a popular idea, so let's just pretend that isn't true, OK?

GREAT job shutting down Suh Davis! Awesome.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Yes I believe its the first game he didnt "false start"

Guess you didn't watch the start of the game, where he got two of them right off the bat?
Originally posted by thedude:
Guess you didn't watch the start of the game, where he got two of them right off the bat?

Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Sorry, you're right, just 1 FS penalty. Here's a good review of his performance too, he did very well (unfortunately underscored by his post-game antics).

76-Anthony Davis: Started at right tackle, and had an exceptional game. He was called for a false start at beginning of second possession. . . . Got block on linebacker Bobby Carpenter that allowed Gore to get into secondary on 47-yard run in first quarter. . . . Blocked Suh on Gore's 1-yard TD run at beginning of second quarter. . . . Outstanding protection against Avril on the fourth-down TD to ride him out of the way, creating a nice throwing lane for Smith on the slant.
He played great and he played with attitude. Down to the very end I'll forgive the false starts if he continues to build offthat game. He was a beast

He had a good game. He had some struggles too. Plenty of penalties but he faught through it.
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
Over all real decent game , showed alot of fire. And he wasn't scared of Suh. Hope to see plenty more of that kind of game from him,he's only 22 years old. got to luv it
[ Edited by Hctr on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:20 PM ]
did u guys see the play at the goal line when they tried to rush it in him and suh were goin at it he pushed suh down to the floor 5 seconds after the play was whistled dead haha
Props to Davis , he didn't back down and on VD's second catch he put the pancake on Avril then proceeded to talk s**t to him on twitter after the game. He was definitely getting on the lion's nerves especially Suh.
Originally posted by KennyBoiiii:
did u guys see the play at the goal line when they tried to rush it in him and suh were goin at it he pushed suh down to the floor 5 seconds after the play was whistled dead haha

Suh didn't even bother to play he run (gore ran right by him) he just ripped Davis helmet off. I was pumped when AD threw him down
Share 49ersWebzone