LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Ross Tucker, on his ESPN Football Today podcast this morning, moved the Niners from #13 last week to #1 today. He admitted he was wrong and that the Niners are the best in the league.http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8365184

FINALLY someone eats some crow @ BSPN...
Have to either be #1 or #2

Probably more 1s than 2s. Of course there will be a few knuckleheads that won't even have us top 5.
I'd probally go

1. SF
2. Baltimore
3. NE
4. Houston
5. Atlanta

Tough choice between us and Baltimore.
Shocked the world! Led throughout the whole game and beat their overrated a** to take a win and the #1ranking from the Packers. Who's next... Oh yeah, the overrated Lions thugs and their crying b*tch of a coach
For those interested Brian Billick's on Fox Sports

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings/2012/2

#2 behind NE,
"For the 49ers to go on the road, and particularly to Green Bay, was impressive as any win on Sunday. In my opinion, they are the most complete team in the NFL with a scary good defense, but now an offense that can hang big points as well. They separated themselves in the NFC on Sunday."

Last week we were 4 but Brian Billick is smart and knows the teams so I'm not surprised
"May be the most complete team in the NFL. The addition of receivers Randy Moss and Mario Manningham could have a huge impact on the production of WR Michael Crabtree and tight end Vernon Davis. It may still require that Alex Smith show he is at least a top-10 QB."
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'd probally go

1. SF
2. Baltimore
3. NE
4. Houston
5. Atlanta

Tough choice between us and Baltimore.

Agree with this. Defenses are best in the game and offenses are stepping up this year. Flacco and Smith are going to be playing each other in the SB or I'll be disappointed! Harbowl.
CBS Sportsline: Pete Prisco

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

#4 behind NE, Houston, ATL
Winning on the road at Green Bay is really impressive. Alex Smith shut some mouths -- including mine.

Last week #11
I just don't believe in the passing game. And there's no way they go plus-28 on the takeaway ratio this season.

Kind of sad when I remember back in the dark era reading these and hoping we wouldn't be 32. Not that the media's opinion matters but I was happy to be in the low-mid 20s.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
CBS Sportsline: Pete Prisco

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

#4 behind NE, Houston, ATL
Winning on the road at Green Bay is really impressive. Alex Smith shut some mouths -- including mine.

Last week #11
I just don't believe in the passing game. And there's no way they go plus-28 on the takeaway ratio this season.

thats the idiot who said arizona would win the division

#2 behind NE,
"For the 49ers to go on the road, and particularly to Green Bay, was impressive as any win on Sunday. In my opinion, they are the most complete team in the NFL with a scary good defense, but now an offense that can hang big points as well. They separated themselves in the NFC on Sunday."

Last week we were 4 but Brian Billick is smart and knows the teams so I'm not surprised
"May be the most complete team in the NFL. The addition of receivers Randy Moss and Mario Manningham could have a huge impact on the production of WR Michael Crabtree and tight end Vernon Davis. It may still require that Alex Smith show he is at least a top-10 QB."

Seems fair from Billick and share the same opinion of him. He did some broadcast games of us last year, so he does know some things about the Niners. I think our offense needs more work. Looked inept on 3rd&1. Shaky on some drives. And this was against a very weak Packer defense. Even the defense needs more work to. There were a few mistakes in coverages. But overall a helluva defense right now. The whole team can improve and is on track. Love it!
Nice to see some folks breaking down and saying nice things about the niner offense! Sunday night there were several pundits blaming GB for being terrible.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
thats the idiot who said arizona would win the division

Yep, I've been using cbs as my home page for 12 plus years, most people don't like prisco. I'd change home pages but espn, fox sports, etc aren't much better.

gnn, as for billick yep he has done enough of our games so he knows this team. I like him overall... he does the homework unlike some guys
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

#2 behind NE,

Seems fair from Billick and share the same opinion of him. He did some broadcast games of us last year, so he does know some things about the Niners. I think our offense needs more work. Looked inept on 3rd&1. Shaky on some drives. And this was against a very weak Packer defense. Even the defense needs more work to. There were a few mistakes in coverages. But overall a helluva defense right now. The whole team can improve and is on track. Love it!

agreed, thats the scary thing about the niners, their defense made mistakes that they will eliminate and their offense will only get stronger as the season progresses
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
agreed, thats the scary thing about the niners, their defense made mistakes that they will eliminate and their offense will only get stronger as the season progresses

Agree!
Thinking back to the Packers games. I don't remember seeing a lot of big hits from our defense. Only the Goldson one late in the game that I remembered. We didn't seemed to try to knock them out like we did in the Saints game. But play fundamentally sound aggressive football. Knowing where to be and where to go. I think that's what Harbaugh meant when he said 'play with your mind' to the players.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Agree!

Yeah, 2-9 on 3rd down, get even 1/2 the jacobs of old on 3rd and short... this offense has a chance to be pretty good if we start converting 3rd downs. Heck, it is already good enough. Image an offense that is 3/4s as good as our defense... you're talking dynasty.

Edit: As for the big hits whitner really hit someone hard in the back after a catch. The goldson one you mentioned on jennings... cant think of too many others
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone