There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We should not be #3 overall. I don't think we are a top 5 team really.

Winning is the only measuring stick for success. 6-1 is the second best record in the NFL right now, therefore we should be #2 on rankings.

We are definitely a top 5 team IMO. The running game has really found it's groove lately. Defense is top 5. You are not gonna find a better Special Teams unit than ours. We aren't perfect...the passing game needs work obviously. But add up all our parts and we have a hell of a football team. If we can improve to a middle of the pack passing team, we can be a serious threat to make a deep run in the playoffs.
I really could care less where they rank us because the 9ers have undeniable mojo with a 6-1 record. Logic would suggest that we should be at #2 because of the record. They are in fact winning. The Eagles make a great case to be in the top 10 even with a 3-4 record. But where do the Saints and Patriots go now? If the 9ers aren't number 2 then it'll be amusing to see who these goofballs put there and their reasoning behind it.
Top 5 in every power ranking should be expected at this point.
LOL power rankings
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Originally posted by fryet:
We had better be ranked #2 this week, after New England and New Orleans lost. We are just a more consistent team than those 2, mainly due to our defense. We won't be able to get ranked higher than Green Bay until they start losing. But since we don't win with a high powered offense, I think power rankers will have a hard time ranking the 49ers high. They value offense over defense.

They'll rank PIT higher than us.

They can rank my nut sack higher for all I care.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Originally posted by fryet:
We had better be ranked #2 this week, after New England and New Orleans lost. We are just a more consistent team than those 2, mainly due to our defense. We won't be able to get ranked higher than Green Bay until they start losing. But since we don't win with a high powered offense, I think power rankers will have a hard time ranking the 49ers high. They value offense over defense.

They'll rank PIT higher than us.

They can rank my nut sack higher for all I care.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
LOL power rankings

LOL, and yet you come into this thread and post. If power rankings don't matter to you then why even bother coming into the thread?

I bet we will be #2 in NFL and ESPN power polls.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
LOL power rankings

LOL, and yet you come into this thread and post. If power rankings don't matter to you then why even bother coming into the thread?

I would've never thought that this team would rank so high in ESPN's fake and ghey polls
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Don't agree, Guarantee they push the Steelers ahead of us.
We will be #3.
Look at the way they pushed the Saints past us, because they beat a pathetic Colts team, only to go on and lose to a pathetic rams team.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Here is how I see it:

#1 Green Bay - obvious

#2 Steelers - beat a very good NE team. Worth giving them the spot based on strength of the team they beat today versus 49ers.

#3 New England - Losing to Steelers won't drop them much.

#4 49ers - Beating a very one-dimensional Cleveland team does not justify putting them ahead of NE who fought hard against a very tough opponent.

#5 Buffalo - With Saints losing and Baltimore struggling with a weak AZ team, the Bills take the spot with dominant 23-0 win.

#6 Baltimore - At least they won but they also gave up 27 to AZ. Lucky to be this high.

#7 NYG - Only other team with a legit claim to top 7

#8 New Orleans - Long drop for them but when you lose to an 0-6 team...

From here on down it gets muddy...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers
Originally posted by Chief:
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers

This will be the ESPN Power Rankings this week. I would bet my username on it.
Packers
Steelers (east coast bias obviously)
49ers
Patriots
Lions
Originally posted by aman49:
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers

I did that. A bit of advice. Don't

Actually, due to East Coast bias? I could see us slipping a bit.
Originally posted by aman49:
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers

Name ur terms...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home