LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
LOL power rankings

LOL, and yet you come into this thread and post. If power rankings don't matter to you then why even bother coming into the thread?

I bet we will be #2 in NFL and ESPN power polls.

I would've never thought that this team would rank so high in ESPN's fake and ghey polls
LOL, and yet you come into this thread and post. If power rankings don't matter to you then why even bother coming into the thread?

Don't agree, Guarantee they push the Steelers ahead of us.
We will be #3.
Look at the way they pushed the Saints past us, because they beat a pathetic Colts team, only to go on and lose to a pathetic rams team.
  • dj43
Here is how I see it:

#1 Green Bay - obvious

#2 Steelers - beat a very good NE team. Worth giving them the spot based on strength of the team they beat today versus 49ers.

#3 New England - Losing to Steelers won't drop them much.

#4 49ers - Beating a very one-dimensional Cleveland team does not justify putting them ahead of NE who fought hard against a very tough opponent.

#5 Buffalo - With Saints losing and Baltimore struggling with a weak AZ team, the Bills take the spot with dominant 23-0 win.

#6 Baltimore - At least they won but they also gave up 27 to AZ. Lucky to be this high.

#7 NYG - Only other team with a legit claim to top 7

#8 New Orleans - Long drop for them but when you lose to an 0-6 team...

From here on down it gets muddy...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers
Originally posted by Chief:
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers

This will be the ESPN Power Rankings this week. I would bet my username on it.
Packers
Steelers (east coast bias obviously)
49ers
Patriots
Lions
Originally posted by aman49:
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers

I did that. A bit of advice. Don't

Actually, due to East Coast bias? I could see us slipping a bit.
Originally posted by aman49:
Packers
Steelers
Pats
49ers

Name ur terms...
Bleacherreport has us at #2.. we have the 2nd best NFL record, as long as we are top 5 im happy
Don't care.

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
LOL power rankings

Maybe he wanted to make a point. Like I wanted to make the following point:

This is not the BCS. Where we are "ranked" by Media is not determinant of where we end up. There is no speculation involved in an NFL playoff system. If the Packers and 49ers have the best records in the NFL, they will be the #1 and #2 seed in the playoffs. If the 49ers win all their playoff games, they will advance to the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter where we are ranked. The only purpose of an NFL Power Ranking is for fans to boost their egos if their teams are ranked too high or complain about the writers ignorance if their teams are ranked too low.
WE KNOW POWER RANKINGS AREN'T LIKE THE BCS

thanks captain obvious
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
They can rank my nut sack higher for all I care.

LMAO!!!! you just made my day bro LOL
Some of you guys don't care about power rankings. That's fine! Don't be a hipster and tell people they're stupid for caring. Nobody likes hipsters. Besides, it's been almost a decade of suck. Let 'em have their fun. I never put much credence in these things back when we were good every year. But I admit, after so long it's actually kinda nice. Go ahead and continue not caring. But to avoid being douchey, don't click the link that says "POWER RANKINGS" if it annoys you.
They don't mean s**t, but it still is awesome seeing us at the top!
Share 49ersWebzone