LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by g60nx:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Feel free to email this guy, he will respond...

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nfl/

Ya, from his comment about the Niners apparently he got lots of emails.

Also, the Lions have lost twice and he moves them down a grand total of 1 spot during that time. Stafford is beat up, Best is out and he talks about us not having skill players.

Delusional. Ask what he is smokin

He apparently stresses passing offense over running offense, defense, and special teams. The 49ers are a balanced team (a little weak in passing). Personally, I would rate the 49ers behind only Green Bay. New England's defense is too weak to be at the number 2 spot.

greenbays passing defense is horrible too but id still say were only behind them. niners are one of, if not the most well balanced teams in the league. were just a soft west coast team according to these guys but everytime the niners werent given any respect even while kicking ass they seem to do good things so ill take that as a sign.

tell that dumb canadian to stick to hockey
Just imagine if we can keep playing like we are and our passing O picks it up even a little. Like 230 - 250 a game. Look out is all I will say.
  • dj43

On one level, I have no problem with being ranked that low. It allows more of a chance to sneak up on people. However, I don't believe people who really watch the NFL (like opposing teams) really believe the 49ers lack a passing game, or at least have the same level of concern this guy does. With a healthy Edwards and more time for Crabtree, the passing game will only get better.

After Sunday he may have to change his tune, although the Browns secondary is not a pushover.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We're in a collision coarse with GB in NFC Championship game.

too soon..

Very coarse
ESPN football today has us at #3 overall behind only GB and NE. our record and our resume of wins is the most impressive combo of everyone after those first 2.
Originally posted by Niners99:
ESPN football today has us at #3 overall behind only GB and NE. our record and our resume of wins is the most impressive combo of everyone after those first 2.

Happy with that grading for now.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just imagine if we can keep playing like we are and our passing O picks it up even a little. Like 230 - 250 a game. Look out is all I will say.

itll be there soon. were playing with one decent WR right now so we cant open up the offense too much. the whole world knows ginn cant catch unless the ball is kicked to him lol. once braylon comes back and the coaches give our offense more plays to work with the numbers will go up. harbaughs offense is very potent
Originally posted by Niners99:

he also said that he expects us to drop at some point lol so it's like "hey good job, even though you suck"
He has a point. This is a passing league and the niners are a rushing offense. We need the passing game to improve if we expect to beat a team like greenbay come playoff time.

He apparently stresses passing offense over running offense, defense, and special teams. The 49ers are a balanced team (a little weak in passing). Personally, I would rate the 49ers behind only Green Bay. New England's defense is too weak to be at the number 2 spot.

The niners defense, special teams and rushing attack have played far bigger roles in our wins then the passing game. It's not even close.

He ranks the Lions and Texans above us, that is laughable. Lions lost two straight at home, one to us. Lions should be out of the top 10
Originally posted by Youngone:

He ranks the Lions and Texans above us, that is laughable. Lions lost two straight at home, one to us. Lions should be out of the top 10

The Steelers shouldn't be ahead of us either. I know their offense is on a roll right now, but they haven't played well against a GOOD team yet.

Week 1: PIT 7 @ BAL 35
Week 2: SEA 0 @ PIT 24
Week 3: PIT 23 @ IND 20
Week 4: PIT 10 @ HOU 17
Week 5: TEN 17 @ PIT 38
Week 6: JAC 13 @ PIT 17
Week 7: PIT 32 @ ARI 20

They beat the Seahawks, Colts, Titans, Jags, and the Cardinals. I just don't see how they can be ahead of us right now.

Look where Green Bays defense is ranked and then look at the powerhouse offenses they have faced this year.
It use to be defenses win championships. I think we will find out if/when we make the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone