LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're in a collision coarse with GB in NFC Championship game.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by okdkid:
First of all, nobody likes a hipster with the "I don't care about the power rankings. I'd rather be underrated" b******t. You clicked, you care.

Secondly, this team has as much talent as all the top tier teams (including the Packers and Patriots). We play a different style ball, but when you compare the entire rosters there is not much of a difference.

There is absolutely no reason we can't be the #1 team in the league. Our strength of schedule is superior than all of the top teams. We did our best work on the road, on the east coast. We're an overtime away from being undefeated.

I just watched a Christian Ponder-led Vikings team nearly upset the Packers. The Ravens lost to a wretched Jacksonville side, in prime time. And the Saints lost to the very same Tampa Bay team we annihilated. And it can be argued that the Patriots defense is one of the league's 10 worst.

Point is, for every reason somebody gives that the 49ers should not be considered #1...there are just as many reasons for the other top teams.

When you look at the sum of the parts and the remaining schedule, the San Francisco 49ers could soon be considered the top team in the NFL.

This this and this x 100. From beginning to end great post. I couldn't agree more with you on everything you said above.

i second that! great post

...and too add on more thing, i'm so sick of reading "i got a bad feeling about the browns game" "cleveland has a really good defense"

if there is ever one game to feel completely confident about as a fan, it's this game. cleveland is f**king awful, they beat the dolphins, colts & seacocks. we are going to destroy them, end of story.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
browns will get demolished in a similar fashion as the Bucs and we will go up a notch no matter what the teams in front of us do

No way.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see us winning, but not destroying them. We're just not going to throw down 40 or 50 points on them unless our D gives it do our offense in the red zone multiple times or get a defensive TD or two. Their D is pretty good and our O is decent. Our D is dominant and their O is fairly weak.

I don't expect them to score much, maybe 13 points, but I don't expect us to score a ton either, maybe mid-twenties.

I expect a solid win, but not an overwhelmingly dominant beat down.

you sure their d is good? Look at the s**ttastic offenses they have played against....

Good point, but I'm not saying their D is amazing, just that they aren't total slouches, and vs our mediocre offense, I just don't expect us to put up a ton of offensive points.

I'll be fairly shocked if we lose, but I don't expect a TB style blowout.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

...and too add on more thing, i'm so sick of reading "i got a bad feeling about the browns game" "cleveland has a really good defense"

if there is ever one game to feel completely confident about as a fan, it's this game. cleveland is f**king awful, they beat the dolphins, colts & seacocks. we are going to destroy them, end of story.

Your confidence will be your downfall!

WE DON'T PLAY ON THE TEAM!! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW CONFIDENT WE ARE!!!

Sooooo funny how people think there is something wrong in a fan saying we're awesome and we're going to win the SB. We're fans we can say what we want and it won't affect the play AT ALLLLLLL. And, if they lose, it won't be our fault, and we can still look at what went wrong. What I really don't understand are the people who say we suck or we're going to lose and that seems to be ok with everyone.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We're in a collision coarse with GB in NFC Championship game.

+1

The crazy thing about it is, today's Niners have become the kind of team that used to beat our Dynasty squads back in the day. Teams like LT's Giants. I still shudder at remembering the Massacre in the Meadowlands. When we got beat we got beat by filthy D and power running games. As a kid I learned quick that great defense beats great offense. I look forward to being the one dishing it now instead of being on the receiving end.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by okdkid:
First of all, nobody likes a hipster with the "I don't care about the power rankings. I'd rather be underrated" b******t. You clicked, you care.

Secondly, this team has as much talent as all the top tier teams (including the Packers and Patriots). We play a different style ball, but when you compare the entire rosters there is not much of a difference.

There is absolutely no reason we can't be the #1 team in the league. Our strength of schedule is superior than all of the top teams. We did our best work on the road, on the east coast. We're an overtime away from being undefeated.

I just watched a Christian Ponder-led Vikings team nearly upset the Packers. The Ravens lost to a wretched Jacksonville side, in prime time. And the Saints lost to the very same Tampa Bay team we annihilated. And it can be argued that the Patriots defense is one of the league's 10 worst.

Point is, for every reason somebody gives that the 49ers should not be considered #1...there are just as many reasons for the other top teams.

When you look at the sum of the parts and the remaining schedule, the San Francisco 49ers could soon be considered the top team in the NFL.

This this and this x 100. From beginning to end great post. I couldn't agree more with you on everything you said above.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
browns will get demolished in a similar fashion as the Bucs and we will go up a notch no matter what the teams in front of us do

No way.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see us winning, but not destroying them. We're just not going to throw down 40 or 50 points on them unless our D gives it do our offense in the red zone multiple times or get a defensive TD or two. Their D is pretty good and our O is decent. Our D is dominant and their O is fairly weak.

I don't expect them to score much, maybe 13 points, but I don't expect us to score a ton either, maybe mid-twenties.

I expect a solid win, but not an overwhelmingly dominant beat down.

you sure their d is good? Look at the s**ttastic offenses they have played against....

Good point, but I'm not saying their D is amazing, just that they aren't total slouches, and vs our mediocre offense, I just don't expect us to put up a ton of offensive points.

I'll be fairly shocked if we lose, but I don't expect a TB style blowout.

Can we just believe that the 49ers are good and we are no longer the 2010 49ers team that would play to the level and barely squeeze out a win vs a team like the Browns?

Why can't we all just believe we can win by 20?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can we just believe that the 49ers are good and we are no longer the 2010 49ers team that would play to the level and barely squeeze out a win vs a team like the Browns?

Because I believe we'll win by 30.

... or more.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:

... or more.

The goal is to get Kaep some reps.
feeling confident..... feels weird don't feel too good. not really use to it, i really hope we beat this team down. we really should kick the crap out of them, those kind of games are scary.... examples jags vs ravens. yuck! better not happen to the 9ers!

but at the end of the day i think we win by 10
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Sooooo funny how people think there is something wrong in a fan saying we're awesome and we're going to win the SB. We're fans we can say what we want and it won't affect the play AT ALLLLLLL. And, if they lose, it won't be our fault, and we can still look at what went wrong. What I really don't understand are the people who say we suck or we're going to lose and that seems to be ok with everyone.

i just think no one wants to get their hopes up to high. which is understandable due to our recent history of the past 10 years.

... or more.

Oh OK! Then we should be able to get him in about the beginning of the 3rd quarter!!

... or more.

Great day if we do this
Originally posted by spraked:
Great day if we do this

not necessarily

you'd think so right? especially against the browns....but "that guy" will most likely say "any given sunday" or "the ravens lost to the jags!"
Part of being a great team is being consistent. Not doing what the Ravens did on Monday night. We have not been good for long enough yet to show whether we are consistent. GB is consistent so far this year. No other team really.
Can't believe da saints jumped us cause they smacked da sorry a$$ colts Sunday nite. They have mo L's than we do & 1 of their L's is to TB who WE smacked! gtfoh!
Share 49ersWebzone