There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Great Article on Gore's Big Runs

Great write up. One problem. Mangini explained this exactly the same this morning on first take. Even the illustrations above look to be stolen directly from Mangini.
Beside what I wrote above..what a f**king play eh. Just imagine what Suh is thinking. I got this .. oh f**k ... wham.
Man this is good, Michael Irvin last night had some great insight on Frank, being a Miami guy. It is crazy obvious that franks not as fast as he used to be. Irvin said last night it's amazing Gore is still doing this. He would have been one the greatest running backs in the history of the game had he not blown both his ACL's. It really is a true testament to his work ethic and his natural talent as an athlete. He doesnt have top end speed anymore and actually before he hurt his knees he wasnt even a power runner. When frank was young he was known as a Barry Sanders type with more speed. The hard work he put in to change his style is pretty amazing
The main thing is that he didn't over use the play to allow the defense to adjust.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Man, whatta play, genius.

Agreed.
Originally posted by danimal:
Gore has been my favorite Niner for years, but damn does that boy have a 50 yard limit on him. Been like that his whole career, once he gets beyond 50 the gas just shuts off. Its kind of funny actually

hes 1 of only 2 players in nfl history with 2 td runs of 75+ yards in the same game, barry sanders is the other, while frank gore is no chris johnson in terms of speed, hes had his long td runs
Originally posted by crabman82:
Gore has been my favorite Niner for years, but damn does that boy have a 50 yard limit on him. Been like that his whole career, once he gets beyond 50 the gas just shuts off. Its kind of funny actually

hes 1 of only 2 players in nfl history with 2 td runs of 75+ yards in the same game, barry sanders is the other, while frank gore is no chris johnson in terms of speed, hes had his long td runs

Imagine Chris Johnson (of 2 years ago) in this system.

Or Kendall Hunter of tomorrow.
i got a feeling harbaugh pulled a water boy and stole raye's and singletarys playbook
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Great write up. One problem. Mangini explained this exactly the same this morning on first take. Even the illustrations above look to be stolen directly from Mangini.

Check out SmartFootball.com and you'll see Chris Brown is no hack. The Wham block is nothing new (obviously), I posted this mostly to show that our coaches are intelligent enough to be recognized for their schemes by the national media. Competence has been in short supply the last few years in our organization.
Originally posted by caSTATEofMIND:
i got a feeling harbaugh pulled a water boy and stole raye's and singletarys playbook

Originally posted by crabman82:

Strangely enough Gore's long runs remind me of Sanders...especially yesterday when he was run down from behind. But hey, definitely not complaining, I'll take getting run down after a 40-50 yd run all day.
I'll take 140 yards all day, errrrday!
Great read & great pics to show it all

He had an 80 yard run his rookie season, and I'm sure he's had at least a few more. The reason he gets caught every time now, is because he is terrified of fumbling. So instead of just running as hard as he can, he looks around, protects the ball, slows down and prepares for the tackle. Maybe that's for the best.
i think all the mileage, and injuries, and age on Gore his days of those big, long TD runs (the 60,70,80 yarders) are more than likely over. He was never a burner anyways. But damn when he was making those runs i was seeing flashbacks from all his "younger" days. I was so pumped after that 1st quarter run!