There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Great Article on Gore's Big Runs

• Riot
  • Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted already, but Chris Brown over at Grantland (and the curator of Smart Football, the best football blog on the interwebz) posted an article about the "Wham" concept we used against Ndamukong Suh to spring Gore for his big runs. Essentially, Harbaugh and Roman used Suh's explosiveness against him.

Here's the article in full: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/6711/draw-it-up-the-49ers-and-the-wham-play. It's nice having coaches that actually know what they're doing.
Gore has been my favorite Niner for years, but damn does that boy have a 50 yard limit on him. Been like that his whole career, once he gets beyond 50 the gas just shuts off. Its kind of funny actually
Thanks for the link! Love the super in-depth stuff, I'm going to print this out when I take a s**t.
Originally posted by danimal:
Gore has been my favorite Niner for years, but damn does that boy have a 50 yard limit on him. Been like that his whole career, once he gets beyond 50 the gas just shuts off. Its kind of funny actually

Yeah, but he almost always punches it in from the 1 yard line!
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by danimal:

Yeah, but he almost always punches it in from the 1 yard line!
yep yep
Man, whatta play, genius.

The first time they ran the play, Suh had that 'what the ...' body language when Delaney hit him. The second time, he was square on Delaney, but Gore had already hit the hole. Great play.
The 49ers ran that same play not twice but THREE times. The third time was on the final drive to score, they ran the same play to Kendall Hunter, hunter gained about 5, looked to have been tackled, but he never fell to the ground and he kept running and picked up the big 1st down.

Keep runnin this play Roman!
I take it that headline has nothing to do with the Thai food Gore had for lunch.
WOW! Love this! Love Harbaugh!
That's some Steven Siegal karate s**t.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

You are right, but it's Aikido!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I have no idea what this even means but I like it!

Harbaugh and Roman are setting a new standard on how to run the football in the NFL.
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Oct 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Man, whatta play, genius.

Damn that s**t is sick! Would make Raye's head spin!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Damn that s**t is sick! Would make Raye's head spin!

or at least stir him from his sleep