LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Which 49ers will make the pro bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blm7754:
I wouldn't rule out Alex Smith. Assuming Rodgers goes to the superbowl, that leaves the next best two NFC QBs as options. Sure he had a bad game yesterday, but if he can keep his TD/INT ratio high, completion percentage high, and pick up more big plays with Edwards back in the lineup he could be a consideration. Some solid performances in the playoffs would surely help him as well.

Just sayin.

roflcopter put down the peace pipe, man

1 Year Later Edit: Jesus H. Christ what a difference a year makes.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I would definitely add Andy Lee and David Akers to your list of possibilities. If there wasnt that guy named Hester, I'd add Ginn too.

Agree with all three. The special teams have made it possible for the 9ers to win this year. Not sure if there is anyone who tracks field position but this team has to be among the leaders, if not number one.

Ginn has returned 20 punts to Hester's 6, but I suppose teams are kicking away from the latter. Ginn has the edge in Kickoff return average--31.8 to Hester's 27.7. If Ginn can continue as he has he may give Hester a run.

Naw! Hester is too darned good...unless injured.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
1. Andy Lee - pretty much a lock.
2. Patrick Willis - Best ILB in the league.
3. Novarro Bowman - Playing lights out
4. Justin Smith - A non stop motor at DE
5. Ray Mac- the guy is playing well, under the radar.
6. Aldon Smith - If this hot streak continues, he might be leading the league in sacks at seasons end!
7. Ahmad Brooks - Playing great football and stout in all phases of the game.
8. Carlos Rogers- Playing at a HIGH level.
9. Dashon Goldson - Everyone is taking notes on his hard hits and command of the defense.
10. Frank Gore - If this keeps up, he will make his 3rd pro bowl.
11. Vernon Davis - Needs to be featured more, but definitely has been a top 5 the last couple years.
12. Iupati - Alot of people consider him a top guard in just his second year.
13. Staley/Davis - Staley is probably the more consistent, but Anthony Davis is playing great football and the league is noticing.
14. Ted Ginn JR - As a returner, he and Hester should be locks.

Not saying that all of these players will make it, but they will defintely be considered by seasons end. If we keep playing like this and end up with homefield advantage I dont see why half these guys if not MOST of this list does not make it.. Top end teams usually send 8+ guys it seems like

See Bolded, I personally think that Bowman and Iupati should make it...but lets face it, the probowl is somewhat of a popularity contest...they dont have the name recognition YET, maybe next year. I cant believe how talented our team is! Baalke is the man at evaluating talent as well as the rest of the scouting staff!
1. Andy Lee

2. Patrick Willis

3. Frank Gore

4. Vernon Davis

5. Brian Jennings

6. Aldon Smith

7. Justin Smith

8. Ted Ginn Jr.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM ]
WILL:

1. David Akers

2. Frank Gire

3. Anthony Davis

4. Venrom Davis

5. Justin Smith

6. NaVorro Bowman

7. Patrick Willis

8. Dashon Goldson

9. Alexander D. Smith

SHOULD, but may not

1. Mike Iupati

2. Alex Boone

3. Ahmad Brooks

4. Brian Jennings
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
There's not a lot of love for our oline in this thread. I see Iupati's name in there a couple of times and that's it. I expect to see at least one olineman in the probowl this year.
Originally posted by Nuns:
There's not a lot of love for our oline in this thread. I see Iupati's name in there a couple of times and that's it. I expect to see at least one olineman in the probowl this year.

Every response except for the one immediately prior to yours was posted in 2011.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mike8016:
None of the Niners are making it because were going to the Superbowl

I like this
Originally posted by zillabeast:
WILL:

1. David Akers

2. Frank Gire

3. Anthony Davis

4. Venrom Davis

5. Justin Smith

6. NaVorro Bowman

7. Patrick Willis

8. Dashon Goldson

9. Alexander D. Smith

SHOULD, but may not

1. Mike Iupati

2. Alex Boone

3. Ahmad Brooks

4. Brian Jennings

Alex Smith....

• Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by Nuns:

Every response except for the one immediately prior to yours was posted in 2011.

That makes more sense.
Alex Smith
Frank Gore
Mike Iupati
Joe Staley
Alex Boone
Vernon Davis
Justin Smith
Navarro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Dashon Goldson
Carlos Rogers
Andy Lee
The pro bowl game is just rediculous. It would be better to not have a game at all and just have it more of a meet and great with fans. Maybe throw fans passes or other drills.
25 of them setting a NEW RECORD but none will be able to play
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The pro bowl game is just rediculous. It would be better to not have a game at all and just have it more of a meet and great with fans. Maybe throw fans passes or other drills.

The recognition is still valid though. No one gives a s**t if they play or not. It's all about selection.
Share 49ersWebzone