There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pain Train Rolls On

Another webzoner coined the "Pain Train" moniker for the 2011 Niners a few weeks ago. It's never appropriate to celebrate injuries of any kind, but it is newsworthy to note the carnage that the Niner D has been inflicting. I've been taking notice of the toll that the Niner D is taking on opposing offenses. Back in the day, it was always considered to be a good schedule if your team caught a team, after the Chicago Bears had "softened-up" that opposing team in the preceeding week. It looks like the Niner D is developing a "we'll-put-the-hurt-on-you" reputation of their own. I've probably missed a few of the players who have been knocked-out of action this season by the Niner D, but here are a noteworthy few. Feel free to add others that I have missed.

Detroit - RB Best out with concussion
Tampa Bay - RB Blount knocked out of game with leg injury and did not play the following week.
Dallas - QB Romo suffers broken ribs and punctured lung. WR Austin knocked out of game and did not play the following week. RB Jones roughed-up.
Seattle - QB Jackson roughed-up, RB Robinson knocked out of game.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]
Don't like seeing injuries but I do love clean, hard hitting football. Which is exactly what the Niners are playing
"Pain Train", I like it.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Another webzoner coined the "Pain Train" moniker for the 2011 Niners a few weeks ago. It's never appropriate to celebrate injuries of any kind, but it is newsworthy to note the carnage that the Niner D has been inflicting. I've been taking notice of the toll that the Niner D is taking on opposing offenses. Back in the day, it was always considered to be a good schedule if your team caught a team, after the Chicago Bears had "softened-up" that opposing team in the preceeding week. It looks like the Niner D is developing a "we'll-put-the-hurt-on-you" reputation of their own. I've probably missed a few of the players who have been knocked-out of action this season by the Niner D, but here are a noteworthy few. Feel free to add others that I have missed.

Tampa Bay - RB Blount knocked out of game with leg injury and did not play the following week.
Dallas - QB Romo suffers broken ribs and punctured lung. WR Austin knocked out of game and did not play the following week. RB Jones roughed-up.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

It was me haha. I mentioned it in a post in the week following up to the Lions game
LMFAO! Here's our Pain Train...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQH7V0O6Lo
You can add Vick getting hurt, Maclin getting crushed and hurt by that Reggie Smith hit, Stafford limping, Dalton getting destroyed by Brooks (helmet flying off), etc. We should watch the defensive videos posted for the year and add a running log here!
here you go
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159179-players-niners-have-injured/search=injured
Originally posted by jimbagg:

You forgot Trent Cole and Jason Peters from the philly game.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

hahaha thats badass! i got romo, best, and blount on my fantasy team thats the only thing that sux. im still happy we are knocking heads tho! other teams probably fear playing us
Originally posted by NCommand:

That was totally awesome. I forgot about that ad. Dude crying on the floor holding on to that plastic recycle container, classic.
Originally posted by NCommand:

lol i was just gonna post that hahaha. were gonna add the browns QB, whoever the hell it is and peyton hillis to the list next week.
Seriously though, do we play dirty, hard or is this just a string of freak accidents?
And for those who don't know, I suggested calling our defense Red Razor as that is the term most famously coined by Joe Montana himself (it's a WCO play)...but Terry Tate is saying something very similar to that, is wearing a Niner-like jersey and well, brings the Pain Train. It would be sweet naming our defense either or and have our guys do the "whoohoo" fist pump after each big play to symbolize the Red Razor Pain Train!!!

~ 56 Terrible Terry Tate (Niner Fan)! Haha