LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Making them quit.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Happened maybe 6-7 years ago against the Vikings. They were ramming the ball down our throats ALL GAME LONG. Anyone remember that game? It was in Minnesota. So f'ng demoralizing. We knew they were gonna run but they kept running us over, over and over and over again. That's when I wished for a Line and running game like that. Now we have it and, man, it feels so f'ng good!!! There's a whole lot of humanity along our line. Gonna be nice for awhile here.
Those last two drive for Detroit...it was hilarious because Moose Johnston sounded like he just wanted to jump out of the booth and strangle that Lions offense. No sense of urgency. It was either arrogance, or they knew they were beaten. Maybe it was Stafford's way of saying "f**k it" after his line let him get molested all day.

Any way you spin it, it was GLORIOUS.
Originally posted by putangina:
Happened maybe 6-7 years ago against the Vikings. They were ramming the ball down our throats ALL GAME LONG. Anyone remember that game? It was in Minnesota. So f'ng demoralizing. We knew they were gonna run but they kept running us over, over and over and over again. That's when I wished for a Line and running game like that. Now we have it and, man, it feels so f'ng good!!! There's a whole lot of humanity along our line. Gonna be nice for awhile here.
That line was nasty! Do you really think we're on that kinda level yet? I think they have a lot to prove still, though the arrow is clearl pointing up.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
That line was nasty! Do you really think we're on that kinda level yet? I think they have a lot to prove still, though the arrow is clearl pointing up.

To be honest, perhaps not. But we've the beginning of the makings of that kinda line imo. But yeah, that line was filthy. That was one of the worst games I've ever had to sit through and watch.
  • Hek49
  • Veteran

Who was their RB??
Saw a video of JH on the sidelines, 4th quarter, talking to players telling them to keep getting to the line quickly, get set quickly. Detroit did not do this in the 4th quarter when SF went up, but were acting as if they had all the time in the world.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Saw a video of JH on the sidelines, 4th quarter, talking to players telling them to keep getting to the line quickly, get set quickly. Detroit did not do this in the 4th quarter when SF went up, but were acting as if they had all the time in the world.

They were waiting for baby jesus to split the red D
Originally posted by Hek49:
]I really love this.

For the past few games. Late in the 4th qtr the offense runs a play when they throw in sopoaga and miller as lead blockers. And they run the play it 3 or 4 times in a row, this really punishes the other team and it forces them to kinda give up. the opposing team knows whats coming but cant stop it. The niners did this against cinci, eagles, bucs and yesterday against lions. This is how we got the winning td against the eagles and is exactly what gore and davis are talking about when they say the other team quits!

Before the game winning touchdown yesterday they showed the lions D-line and you can see it in their faces, their hands on their hips and sucking air. its awesome. I really wanna know what they call that play...

Did anyone notice this??

Ever play 4-quarters of football?
Share 49ersWebzone