LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

Making them quit.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hek49
  • Veteran
]I really love this.

For the past few games. Late in the 4th qtr the offense runs a play when they throw in sopoaga and miller as lead blockers. And they run the play it 3 or 4 times in a row, this really punishes the other team and it forces them to kinda give up. the opposing team knows whats coming but cant stop it. The niners did this against cinci, eagles, bucs and yesterday against lions. This is how we got the winning td against the eagles and is exactly what gore and davis are talking about when they say the other team quits!

Before the game winning touchdown yesterday they showed the lions D-line and you can see it in their faces, their hands on their hips and sucking air. its awesome. I really wanna know what they call that play...

Did anyone notice this??
[ Edited by Hek49 on Oct 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM ]
I am not understand bro.
Ya you're right on the money. Pretty clear Harbaugh and co. are writing some new chapters in what it has always meant to be a 49er.........Intelligent Domination.

And this team is allllllllllllll in.

What I love most is they continue to do it with class.
  • Hek49
  • Veteran
Gotta love it.
I was just talking about this.

Under 1 minute versus Philly, TB, and DET - they just looked defeated. They looked beat up, tired, and unwilling to come out and go for the win. I have NEVER seen that in the last 8 years of watching this team.

Harbaugh has brought his stomp-on-their-throats mentality and it shows. Especially on defense. Those guys are absolute monsters. We have the best LB crew in the league. There is no doubt in my mind.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Ya you're right on the money. Pretty clear Harbaugh and co. are writing some new chapters in what it has always meant to be a 49er.........Intelligent Domination.

Agree. Great to watch!
It even seems like that forthe other teams offenses also cuz the lions had one minute to work with then the sack happened and it looked like they gave up
This is how old school football is supposed to be played! most defenses are used to the pass first offenses of today but once you face a run first team that knows what they're doing, they get overwhelmed and give up because of the bruising hits they have to take.
  • bors
  • Veteran
hands on hips=tired
  • Hek49
  • Veteran
Another running play I like is when delanie goes in a slow shifting motion. Then the guard goes straight after the linebacker and delanie cracks the first guy he sees. You can see on both big runs frank gore had yesterday.

The Lions offense quit. You could see it in the two series they had after the Walker WINNING TD. They just didnt know what to do. Stafford didnt know what to do, he was just throwing. They had no running game so that was not an option. They had more then enough time and series to get back and win the game. But they didnt. They didnt want to see the 9ers D again and the throws werent of those looking to get a TD.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
The Lions offense quit. You could see it in the two series they had after the Walker WINNING TD. They just didnt know what to do. Stafford didnt know what to do, he was just throwing. They had no running game so that was not an option. They had more then enough time and series to get back and win the game. But they didnt. They didnt want to see the 9ers D again and the throws werent of those looking to get a TD.

Yup even the announcers called it.

"No sense of urgency shown by detroit."

Coach Cry Baby was busy holding back his tears because he was out of ideas on offense.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

Stafford made a lot of bad throws out there. He looked confused.
I love that the league hates Harbaugh now! it's a compliment i mean no one other than pats fans like bill but he is one of the best ever.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:

Great post and I love the bold statement!
Share 49ersWebzone