There are 261 users in the forums

How good CAN we be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After yesterday, I am stoked to see where this team goes from here.

Obviously we are all thrilled to be 5-1. But these two weeks coming up will be as much time as Harbs has had to work with his full team without interruption as he's EVER had.

Even with no off season to speak of, he has made his stamp on this team. Now, we finally have some time for him to really focus on opening up/optimizing the offense. The D, already dangerous, has more time to learn to work together and to learn new schemes. And we will finally (hopefully) have a healthy Edwards to open things up on offense.

And for all our success, we have TONS of areas for improvement. Even the all-might Harbs showed his rookie stripes at times yesterday.

We still need to eliminate penalties, improve our passing game (ranked 30th in the league), get our oline more in synch, and just generally improve in a lot of little areas.

If we have this much heart and ability now, when we are still raw and have much to improve upon, can you imagine how good we will be by the time week 10, 11 or so rolls around?

I almost pity the Browns. TWO WEEKS to heal up, improve overall and game plan for them? We should come out of this bye week firing on all cylinders and ready to take the NFL by storm.
12-4, 1 and done in teh playoffs.
Superbowl Champs good
Do we really need to "open" up the offense? What we need to do is make sure the plays we run that hit the weakness of THAT week's opponent to perfection and that's about it.

I think "opening up the offense" is over rated. This league is all about coaches putting together a CORRECT game plan and the players executing that to perfection.

A lot of teams that "open up" their offense, I think, are over rated and one-dimensional.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Do we really need to "open" up the offense? What we need to do is make sure the plays we run that hit the weakness of THAT week's opponent to perfection and that's about it.

I think "opening up the offense" is over rated. This league is all about coaches putting together a CORRECT game plan and the players executing that to perfection.

A lot of teams that "open up" their offense, I think, are over rated and one-dimensional.

It just means (in this case), giving us more options. I'm not talking about airing it out and making like we are the 98 Vikings. But we can with more practice time, more confidence in our Oline, BE back, and just more and more good coaching and game planning, evolve our playbook so that we have more ways to use our weapons and beat a D that thinks they know what is coming.
Championship team good.
If Alex can play at a high level...SB Champs.
If not...Perrenial Playoffs but no SB apperance.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Hoping for a Harbaugh v. Harbaugh SUPER BOWL
49ers will have 1st Round Bye

will Play at Home vs _______ and Win

WIll loose Vs__________ at the Conference game
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
49ers will have 1st Round Bye

will Play at Home vs _______ and Win

WIll loose Vs__________ at the Conference game

12-4 is realistic since we still have five games yet to place in the NFC West alone. But I can see us going as far as the NFC Championship game against most likely the Packers before getting eliminated in a close game.

The defense is a top 5 unit at worst and getting better.
The special teams are also one of the best in the NFL and a huge part of our success to date.

We will go as far as our offense allows us to go. If they keep improving like they have been we can compete with ANY team in the NFL.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
All depends on Alex Smith if we have success in the playoffs.
You know, i'm excited to see what this team will do this season and it's been a loooooong time since i've been able to say that after week 6. I'm excited for this season... But i'm even more excited for the future seasons. Full offseason, training camp, Harbaugh now knows exactly what he has on this team and what we need... I just can't see what he shapes us into. Who he decides to keep, where he upgrades us, the free agent pickups, the next draft. Everything. If he can make this team look like this in the short amount of time he had, i'm excited to see where we are in the next 3 years.
Teams we beat:
CIN: now 4-2
TB: now 4-2
DET: now 5-1

Damn!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Teams we beat:
CIN: now 4-2
TB: now 4-2
DET: now 5-1

Damn!

And we dismantled TB - the team I thought we have the toughest time beating. This team is very good.
Share 49ersWebzone