There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about that Bruce Miller

Originally posted by glorydayz:
This guy has quetly become a very good player! What I mean is he is in the second year of converting to fullback from DE/OLB and he looks like he's been playing fullback his entire carreer.

He throws some incredible blocks out there.,

Hats off to him and JH for believing his skil set would translate over, I love it when late rounders like Miller become starters. Shows guys that it's not always only about first round picks (Jenkins).

he learned the position from the best FB in in the modern era
needs to be used more
Bruce Miller is a great block and make to help Gore find the hole to escaped it.. I loved it our team!
Originally posted by Karma:
He is the epitome of blue-collar. I was so disappointed that Clay Matthews batted down that pass to him in the second quarter. It would have been a much deserved touchdown. I'd like to see 2-3 passes go his way against Atlanta. He has nice hands and runs well after the catch. Nolan is going to rely on scheme rather than individual players to combat this offense. Getting everyone involved and spreading the ball around could be the key.

Pretty amazing for a converted DE. I also love the fact that when he does get the ball, if he can't get away, he is seeking out contact.

Love the way he finishes plays... With his pads!
Serious question: How do you guys think Miller compares to Leach and other semi high profile FBs (they're rare, I know)? Since All-Pro and Pro Bowl tend to track heavily with team record, and since not many teams have a true FB, I was expecting Miller to be talked about a bit more in his second year and get some All-Pro love from the national journalists. But I haven't really seen that.
Meh, he made the cover of SI WAY before Kap
You know what would be awesome? Bruce Miller on the front cover of SI in a mid air jump, spiking the football in the end zone during a SB win, ala Earl Cooper in 1981. same number, same pose.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Bruce Miller is a great block and make to help Gore find the hole to escaped it.. I loved it our team!

He's the man on those plays! Watching those read-option TDs again, Miller comes up big to cut off the edge when the RB gets the ball. Obviously Kaep freezing the DE is key, but Miller sealing off the linebacker helps get the RB to the second level.
This guy is such an unsung hero. He plays so much on offense yet we never talk about him. He's a key blocker...and I also wouldn't be surprised if Kaep checks down to him once or twice for 5-8 yards in the SB.
Miller is an excellent 7th round pick. I was so happy to see the 49ers draft somebody that is almost literally twice as fast as Morris.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Micd-Up-Bruce-Miller/0b6037c4-4ed6-4a54-934c-d29beadbbbe6
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
You know what would be awesome? Bruce Miller on the front cover of SI in a mid air jump, spiking the football in the end zone during a SB win, ala Earl Cooper in 1981. same number, same pose.

those shoes are sick
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This guy is such an unsung hero. He plays so much on offense yet we never talk about him. He's a key blocker...and I also wouldn't be surprised if Kaep checks down to him once or twice for 5-8 yards in the SB.

Can't wait to see him tapped by Kaep … he has been really overlooked … by most me included.
Glad this thread got bumped. Miller was awesome against Atlanta. He had so many huge key blocks for Frank and LMJ.
Brooks was named the unsung hero on the defensive side by Eric Davis on NFL Network but on offense, who would be more unsung that Miller? The dude has been a rock and an absolute playmaker game in, game out and critical in pass protection and the run game and when called upon to catch, he's done very well there too!

PS: I watched the Game of the Week on NFL Network again and man, Randy Moss does WAY more than I even thought...pumping young guys up on the sidelines (even the defense reminding them that they are the #1 defense before the final 4th down stop), making big plays in the passing game, even becoming a solid blocker, etc. The dude's been a true "Niner" all year long!