LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

PFT: Niners in line to end up 12-4:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
ProFootball Talk:
Niners could be in line for 12 or 13 wins.Far more amazing than the 49ers' 5-1 record is the fact that they've compiled that mark against a schedule that has included only one NFC West foe — and three games in the Eastern part of the country.

When the Niners emerge from their bye, they'll face a slate of game that includes two against the 0-5 Rams, two against the 1-4 Cardinals, one against the 2-3 Seahawks, and contests against the Browns, Redskins, Giants, Ravens, and Steelers.

A 7-3 record in those 10 games translates to a 12-4 finish. Based on how the 49ers have played so far, they could win eight or even nine of their next 10 games. Which would virtually guarantee the No. 2 seed, at a minimum, in the NFC playoff field.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
ProFootball Talk:
Niners could be in line for 12 or 13 wins.Far more amazing than the 49ers' 5-1 record is the fact that they've compiled that mark against a schedule that has included only one NFC West foe — and three games in the Eastern part of the country.

When the Niners emerge from their bye, they'll face a slate of game that includes two against the 0-5 Rams, two against the 1-4 Cardinals, one against the 2-3 Seahawks, and contests against the Browns, Redskins, Giants, Ravens, and Steelers.

A 7-3 record in those 10 games translates to a 12-4 finish. Based on how the 49ers have played so far, they could win eight or even nine of their next 10 games. Which would virtually guarantee the No. 2 seed, at a minimum, in the NFC playoff field.

We would be a very dangerous team to play at home in the playoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
ProFootball Talk:

We would be a very dangerous team to play at home in the playoffs.

On the road, too.
lets not go crazy here. we fought hard for all 5 of our wins, but 4 of those 5 wins were close calls. people forget the week 1 game against SEA was really tight until a couple late Ginn return TD's blew it open. we squeaked by the Bengals, we had to mount a big time comeback on the Eagles, and this DET win was a game we probably should have lost with the -2 turnover differential and NFL season high 15 penalties.

Were not exactly winning these games comfortably. were definitely on our way to 11+ wins, but take it one game at a time. some of these lesser teams in the division cant be taken lightly. we have to keep getting better and keep the underdog mentality.
On the road, too.

EXACTLY! I want to beat the Packers in Lambeau!
The lose against dallas could have been 7 not a fg... It's amazing we've done this well. It's good for the guys to get a break and get their bodies back.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Not looking ahead....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we're on a collisiion course with GB for the NFC Championship.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:34 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
1 game at a time...it's bye week, get healthy to face the Browns. We're at 5 wins, 12 wins is so far away to even discuss. Never get too high or too low....6th win in Oct. is all what I want right now.
I'm not a big fan of trying to predict a huge finish for a season when the games haven't been played. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Not looking ahead....

The Jim Schwartz thread is over there ---------------->

J/K..... nah, it's fun looking ahead but you better believe players and coaches take it one at a time. While we are thinking about who we can beat just based on skill they have to game plan for these teams.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
12-4 would be AMAZING. We won some really close games and we're gonna eventually lose some close ones. I think we end up 10-6. I'm fine with whatever record as long as we make the playoffs.
This is the NFL

The only team that could have lived comfortably through the season was the undefeated patriots, and how did that turn out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm sorry, mods can you please merge this with the "Do you think the Niners will make the playoffs this year?" thread. Thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone