There are 208 users in the forums

49ers football is fun again: How sweet it is...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nothing new here but just taking a moment to appreciate the success we've had through the bye week. For those 49ers Faithful that have stuck by this team through all the nonsense of the past eight years, let us soak all of this in.

Watching this team is fun again and this looks like the 49ers that we thought were long gone. The 49ers that you feared you'd never see again. Now, without getting TOO carried away, it's a long season and this team will have to keep its focus/composure.

Nevertheless, for the time being it feels great to watch this team blow our minds and surprise the fanbase in a good way for once.

I think the most inspiring part of this game is that the 49ers showed that they could beat an undefeated team:

-on the road
-in a stadium that was louder than hell and a playoff atmosphere
-on a 4th down play
-not playing their best football at all
-with the refs screwing them on several penalties

When a team can win when playing a bad penalty-ridden game, it tells you a lot. It tells you that our beloved 49ers are back to relevance, and it reminds you why you became a fan of the red and gold in the first place.

I noticed I'm even more relaxed when watching all the games this season.

I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat anymore, expecting them to blow it...I sit in anticipation, waiting for them to find that way to win it.

And that feels great.

The climb back to prominence feels all the more satisfying when it's a long one.

Cheers everyone. Let's enjoy this ride and keep on going...
Great win for this team. Gonna be a nice couple of weeks.
This is the type of thread I wanted to start but I thought it might get locked. I just wanted to give some props to the fans that hung in there over these last 9 years and some props to the entire team.

and its been fun at the sports bar this year, was able to defend the 9ers and talk some s**t today.
it's so sweet that for a second forget the national TV...we've just made it on RT NEWS SPORTS
My sentiments exactly.

Well I've been extremely happy with the previous three wins, part of me questioned whether this team was for real--not because of anything they did, but because of what us Niner fans have experienced over the past decade. I mean, how many times have we been on the precipice of something big only to come crashing down (i.e., the Favre game in 09) let alone simply awful. Today, I'm 100% sold on this team. We are for REAL.

We won on a day when we had to have a gut-check 4th down play in one of the loudest stadiums I've ever heard against a 5-0 team on the road in the east coast time zone on a day when we played sloppily (particularly on O), had 150 plus penalty yards, and had several questionable calls go against us. Read that sentence again. Look at everything that was not in our favor. Today's performance speaks volumes to the type of team we have and the, quite frankly, the miracles Harbaugh has worked on this team in just 2.5 months of real coaching time. The OL has looked great the past 2.5 weeks, Gore (and I admit, while not calling for his head, I feared he was done) looks great and better than ever, and Smith has played serviceable-very good ball (although high on a lot of throws today, he didn't make any bad decisions and seemed to have better pocket presence today). The play calling, variety and type of formations, and sub-packages, particularly since the Bengals game, keep getting better and better and exploit mismatches. The D is simply spectacular. The front 7 is big time, while the DL, particularly J. Smith and Aldon Smith--who looks like a STAR--has been magnificent. Rodgers is a huge upgrade and Culliver has really impressed the past two games.

Most of all, this team is playing with passion, resilience, and intelligence. The coaching has been impeccable, and I'm beginning to think Harbaugh's lone slip-up against Dallas will prove to be the best thing that could have ever happened to this team insofar as lighting a fire under everyone's ass. The first 5 games I was more reserved in my cheering. Today, though, I was way into it and yelling and clapping with every play (and launching obscenities at the Lions, particularly Schwartz). I'm beginning to remember why I loved to watch the Niners so much when I was a kid in the 90s. The excitement is coming back, and I can't get enough of that feeling. With the possible exception of the 2001 year, I haven't felt this good or confident about the 49ers since 1998, the last time we had an elite team. Note that this in no way means I'm comparing Alex Smith to Steve Young.

Nonetheless, this team has the chance to be special and I'm loving it.
It all starts with defense.

The Niners back end really has tightened up with better pressure and everyone working together. Culliver looks like a good one. Aldon Smith is a great addition. Goldson is laying the licks, and everyone is playing well and anticipating the passes.

NINERS are the real deal. They still have their bad moments, but they have enough "BALLS" to never be out of the game.

I think the offense keeps getting better. However it hurt a lot not to have Morgan in the game today.

Gore is looking reborn. But I had a good feeling about playing against detroit with the Run.

Great time for the team to have it's bye week. And maybe they get lloyd? That would be interesting, but I hope it doesn't ruin the chemistry of the team.

I still think Hunter needs to get more touches, at least in space or some passes. The guy is too dangerous not to get him more involved.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
it's so sweet that for a second forget the national TV...we've just made it on RT NEWS SPORTS

Wha.. LOL nice.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Wha.. LOL nice.

P.S and it was out of their HQ studio in Moscow.
Originally posted by merm49:
My sentiments exactly.

Well I've been extremely happy with the previous three wins, part of me questioned whether this team was for real--not because of anything they did, but because of what us Niner fans have experienced over the past decade. I mean, how many times have we been on the precipice of something big only to come crashing down (i.e., the Favre game in 09) let alone simply awful. Today, I'm 100% sold on this team. We are for REAL.

We won on a day when we had to have a gut-check 4th down play in one of the loudest stadiums I've ever heard against a 5-0 team on the road in the east coast time zone on a day when we played sloppily (particularly on O), had 150 plus penalty yards, and had several questionable calls go against us. Read that sentence again. Look at everything that was not in our favor. Today's performance speaks volumes to the type of team we have and the, quite frankly, the miracles Harbaugh has worked on this team in just 2.5 months of real coaching time. The OL has looked great the past 2.5 weeks, Gore (and I admit, while not calling for his head, I feared he was done) looks great and better than ever, and Smith has played serviceable-very good ball (although high on a lot of throws today, he didn't make any bad decisions and seemed to have better pocket presence today). The play calling, variety and type of formations, and sub-packages, particularly since the Bengals game, keep getting better and better and exploit mismatches. The D is simply spectacular. The front 7 is big time, while the DL, particularly J. Smith and Aldon Smith--who looks like a STAR--has been magnificent. Rodgers is a huge upgrade and Culliver has really impressed the past two games.

Most of all, this team is playing with passion, resilience, and intelligence. The coaching has been impeccable, and I'm beginning to think Harbaugh's lone slip-up against Dallas will prove to be the best thing that could have ever happened to this team insofar as lighting a fire under everyone's ass. The first 5 games I was more reserved in my cheering. Today, though, I was way into it and yelling and clapping with every play (and launching obscenities at the Lions, particularly Schwartz). I'm beginning to remember why I loved to watch the Niners so much when I was a kid in the 90s. The excitement is coming back, and I can't get enough of that feeling. With the possible exception of the 2001 year, I haven't felt this good or confident about the 49ers since 1998, the last time we had an elite team. Note that this in no way means I'm comparing Alex Smith to Steve Young.

Nonetheless, this team has the chance to be special and I'm loving it.

Completely agree, it's like watching those 90's teams again in terms of their fire and efficiency (again like you said, alex smith is not steve young).

Everyone is stepping up and making plays. Even raw rookies. Impressive.

• kray28
  • Veteran
It's funny what a difference competent coaching can make.
What is their deal!!!!!!??????!!
  • Jiks
They still damn near give me a heart attack most games this season, but in the end it's worth it. In the past, we played many games like this just to fail at the end. Seattle, Cincy, Philly, and now Detroit we have won the close games we got all too accustomed to blowing. The biggest difference this year is learning how to win. How many games did we lose by 3 or less last year? I know the numbers pretty high.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
They still damn near give me a heart attack most games this season, but in the end it's worth it. In the past, we played many games like this just to fail at the end. Seattle, Cincy, Philly, and now Detroit we have won the close games we got all too accustomed to blowing. The biggest difference this year is learning how to win. How many games did we lose by 3 or less last year? I know the numbers pretty high.

Oh definitely. The 49ers were adept at blowing close games religiously throughout the past few years. It's been amazing to watch them turn the corner and find ways to win instead of finding ways to lose.

5-1. Let the boys get healthy and get back to work at the 'Stick vs. Cleveland in 2 weeks.
Share 49ersWebzone