LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Bye Week State of the Franchise Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
No action by the Niners. Not really any glaring holes.

Except for that big one at WR. But I'm happy they didn't do anything. You always overpay on an in-season trade.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
VD was just on PTI....

Summary?

typical inane, patronizing E-coast media questions...but VD was funny

http://youtu.be/a5Telikwl8E

(btw, what's the video embed code? )
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Oct 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Otter:
Except for that big one at WR. But I'm happy they didn't do anything. You always overpay on an in-season trade.

Don't forget, Brylan will be back after the bye.

And what do u really get on the other side? A 3rd/4th receiver who knows 25% of the playbook by the end of the year, and barely plays ST. The Swain signing, although not flashy was our "trade deadline deal". We didn't lose a late round pick, and Swain, already versed in the WCO from his GB days, will give us the same production as anyone we might have traded for while also adding a ST contributor. Getting Edwards back, and having a bye week, will do wonders for the team's passing attack.

Harbaugh, having already showed we can beat an elite team, on the road mind you, with only one true WR out there, was enough proof for me that we didn't need to trade for Lloyd, Wayne, Murphy, Sims-Walker or any other WR you mind naming.

Draft picks are crucial to a teams success in this era. And while gettting any of the aforementioned recievers would have spiked fan interest during the bye week, giving us something to debate, it wasn't in the team's best shot/long term interest. I'm much more inclined say I'd rather have a late rd. pick that can result in the likes of Jean-Francois, Goldson, Walker, Hunter, Morgan, Dixon, Brown, or Miller, than a 10-12 game rental, that more than likely won't really do anything for us this season and fly the coup in the offseason.
That's just one guys views though.....
[ Edited by DontFailJed on Oct 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM ]
Damn fellas.
We played two of the most deadly big hitting passing teams (PHI/DET) and came out dominating (PHI 2nd half, DET throughout).
We also played the leagues "best" power running team (Bucs) and at the time, the league's biggest impact runner (McCoy) and dominated them.
We played two of the best front 7's in the league (CIN/DET) and came out on top.

The only test now is to play a complete team (PIT/BAL) and then after that, play the best QB in the league (GB).
NEXT "JOE SHOW" EPISODE :

VD cracks me up, "me and Justin Smith...we buy spaghetti together!" hahahaa
Don't forget, Brylan will be back after the bye.

Do we know that for sure? I think he'd have a monster game, going against his old team and all...
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Do we know that for sure? I think he'd have a monster game, going against his old team and all...

its definite him and alex were actually practicing earlier today
  • dwett
  • Veteran
No action by the Niners. Not really any glaring holes.

Well hopefully Edwards coming back can fill that void.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Begin-Improvement-Week/265d574b-3230-4aae-8327-472ce66bd017

you r welcome
Originally posted by Nes49:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-Begin-Improvement-Week/265d574b-3230-4aae-8327-472ce66bd017

you r welcome

Thanks. Great video
Does anyone know if Braylon will play against the Browns for sure?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Does anyone know if Braylon will play against the Browns for sure?

Knowing Harbaugh we won't know a GD thing until the week 8 injury report comes out . . . and even then . . .

@mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Now THAT'S funny! @916Sports: Harbaugh's injury reports make Belichick sound like he's on sodium pentathol.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/116602884820434944

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .
IMO these are the 12 plays over three series changed the course of the season . . . Game #4 at Philly

Starting at the 9:30 mark in the 3rd quarter after Philly actually made a FG and went up 23-3:

Play #1: Smith complete to Walker - 4 Yards / Ho Hum beginning
Play #2: Smith complete to Hunter - 45 Yards / Smith gets flushed to his right and improvised hitting Hunter who also improvised from an empty backfield formation.
Play #3: Hunter dive right - 2 Yards
Play #4: Smith complete to Morgan - 30 Yards / TOUCHDOWN !! - Nice slant in against Samuel / Good pass & nice RAC - - KICK OFF

Play #5: Vick scrambles - 7 Yards
Play #6: Vick to Celek - Incomplete
Play #7: Vick breaks right and scrambles - 1 Yard / Great reaction and a clutch open field tackle by Bowman. The crowd reaction was priceless. As soon a Vick broke it was . . . . Y y y e e a h . . . o o o h h h h !!!!. Awesome play !!! - - PUNT

Play #8: Smith to Crabtree - 32 Yards / Sweet stutter & go burns Nnamdi for a big gain.Eagles fans begin to boo the defense.
Play #9: Hunter toss sweep right - 12 Yards / Nice downhill run from Hunter.More boo's
Play #10: Smith to Miller - 15 Yards / Nice pass and catch in the flat. Miller abused the DB but still carried the ball like a former defensive lineman.
Play #11: Gore lead right - 2 Yards
Play #12: Smith to Davis - 9 Yards / TOUCHDOWN !! - It was like stealing. 2:58 left in the 3rd.

This sequence built a ton of momentum and confidence on both sides of the ball and for the most part this team has been rolling ever since . . .
Share 49ersWebzone